• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to park a deuce near Ft. Campbell...

Mark3395

I have an M1028 SECM recovery to conduct from Ft. Campbell sometime within the next 3-6 weeks or so.

I'm currently recovering an M35A3 from Huntsville with another proven SECM in tow. I plan to park the M35 somewhere with the towbar and drive the current SECM back to Illinois, then come back down to get the second SECM from GL, attach it to the deuce, and then drive them back home.

My question is where I can park the deuce as I come through the area on Sunday or Monday. Need a storage yard that's open on Sunday I think.

Might also be practical to find a recovery service that can pick up the SECM and secure it for me until I get down there.

Does anybody from the Ft. Campbell area know how I can manage this?

Thanks much.

Mark

niferous

If nothing else you can usually start calling sel storage places. They often have a yard for RVs, boats, etc. Just in case nobody here has a big yard you can use.

Good luck on your recovery! :D

TaylorTradingCo

Mark,

I have been talking to M16TY about helping me with the stuff I have there at Fort Campbell. He said he is about 30 miles south of it. He said he has plenty of room and would be happy to let me store stuff there, even if he is not there.

I will be going to Fort Campbell soon to pick up a Deuce and four semi-trailers. I might be able to move your thing offbase to his place for you if the timing works out. Mine have already cleared, so I am in a hurry.

Call me about your schedule. I will be at Redstone and Fort Campbell within the next week/weeks. Maybe you could bring one of my little M105's down and I could meet you somewhere to pick it up from you.

Derek Taylor
423-255-6509

Mark3395

Hi all.

Well, somehow I just deleted a wonderful post thanking every body for their ideas.

Long and short of it is that if I can't link up with croftonaviation in the morning I'll park it in a lot someplace.

I towed my first one up from huntsville behind the A3. Gotta say I really like the additional HP of that model. Very easy to tell the difference going up and down the Tennessee hills. It doesn't k eep up with an A2 on the flat, but sure does well going up hill.

Derek, I have no plans to come down your way in anything big enough to haul trailers, but I can surely gather that latest one and get it out from Rock Island.

Crofton, I'm 13 mi s. of you now. Pls check your IMs and we can perhaps talk.

Well, that's enough for now.

Regards all.

Mark

Mark3395

Got it parked...

Update.... I linked up with CroftonAviation perfectly this morning and the A3 is parked until needed on the M1031 recovery.

Sure was nice to unhook the first Contact Truck and blaze away at 55 mph, with no worry about hills. Not fast, but stunning torque.

Thanks for all the advice, and the other help offered.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks