• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need towbar advice/info

docthrush

Looking to tow a civilian jeep (cj5/7 and tj) with the deuce. Im guessing that this would be ok if I have the right setup?
Am I better making up a towbar for this or buying one of the military types?
I work at a fabrication shop (just started not to long ago but could get somthing together if thats the best way to go)
Big issue is that the deuce is a bit higher than the jeeps.

Anyone have one for sale in the south east pa area?

Thanks for any info or help
Doc

emr

go for the 300 for the ones like in the pic in a heart beat, they are only going up, And they are already upgraded with the collor welded on, and that is the tow bar of choice, U could make one,my time to do it with material would be more than 300 but thats just me I take my time into it, and these are the real deal!!!And when needed U are there to help another deuce in need... :D ...U will already have the right set up...Randy

Barrman

Agree on the offered tow bar deal.

As far as towing something small behind the Duece, don't worry about it. Run some 24 volt lights to the back of the baby Jeep, use safety chains and stop every 100 miles or so to make sure it is still back there.

A member here was flat towing his M725 from Texas to Kansas a few years ago. The bearings in the drivers side rear axle burned up, came off and the tire was held on by the axle shaft. He only knew there was a problem when the tire/axle assembly walked 3 feet out and he saw it in the mirror. He had to leave the truck on the side of the highway, drive the Duece 200 miles home, load up another rear axle he happened to have, drive the Duece 200 miles back to the M725, swap out rear ends, fill it full of oil and then flat tow it the 200 miles home. The Duece winch with tow bar was how he picked up the back of the M725 by the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks