• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need towbar parts in VA....

dm22630

I have to pick up two M1009s @ Ft Meade this week. Maddawg has a towbar that I can use, but he only has the bumper connectors for a deuce (1 inch pins).....I think that the M1009s use 3/4" pins and adaptors.

Does anyone have some connectors that I can use in Northern VA? I can pick them up & drop them off as soon as I am done. If not, I think that I am going to have to get a rollback to pick them up. Anyone ever had something towed out of Ft Meade?

Thanks in advance!

98hd

Re: RE: need towbar parts in VA....

sermis said:
I have some adapters w/ 3/4" pins included for $60 but don't think they would get there in time.
Do you have any medium adapters w/ the 1" pins? Or what about using a bushing on the 3/4 to use on the deuce?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: need towbar parts in VA....

CUCV and deuce both use 1" pins. No need for ther 3/4 stuff on this recovery

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I thought all the 3/4 and 5/4 ton trucks used 3/4" pins?? If the CUCV uses 1" pins, what uses the 3/4" pinned feet?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: towbar

Okay, well if the CUCV uses 1" pins and feet, I have a towbar and feet for Daniel to borrow for his recovery.

Thanks for the help, guys.