• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need trucking for m923 from mead to nj

gem1410

GOT A M923 FROM MEADE LAST WEEK--I DID NOT SEE IT IN PERSON--THE PICTURES LOOKED GOOD BUT I WANT TO HAVE IT TRUCKED--HAS ANYONE USED A TRUCKER THEY WOULD RECOMMEND-- --THE TRIP IS FROM FORT MEADE TO JACKSON NJ--180 MILES--THANKS GEORGE--- http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=5914487

Attachments

Last edited:

350TacoZilla

I have seen that truck in person, it is in very good shape.

I hate to tell you this but it has no reverse, gl rep told me that when I looked truck over.

gem1410

:cry::(:deadhorse:Now that i found out it has no trans i am not sure what to do with it--it would make a good sombrero--i hate getting the gl bone--if you could come up with a trailer i would like to pick it up with you --where do you live--george

powersmoke18

gimmie another month and i may have a trailer. but for right now i flat tow!! but soon i will hopefully be in the gl recovery for fun business!! i'm outta atlantic highlands nj right by sandy hook!!

350TacoZilla

truck does go forward, just no reverse. The gl rep thought it might be a linkage issue, i had actually asked about it on here but didnt post what truck it was due to forum rules.

powersmoke18

shop was under 5 foot of water. lost almost everything I had in it. the house was ok. me and the 5 ton bobber cleared trees from powerlines for 5 days befor work needed me back to fix relief equipment. it was me my girl and 2 other volenteers who cleared most of the trees in our surrounding neighborhood. the people they called in were far to slow and unprepaired. they were able to restore power to my house much sooner because of us. I really got fed up with all these people who drove past and didnt even offer a hand!! driving around in there bmws and drinking their starbucks coffee. really wish I could smack them back to reality. even the national guard drove around in their hummers and FMVTs, they waved as they passed. you know what it takes to recover from a disaster?? 1 5 ton, 1 stihl 880 saw, 150 gallons of gasoline, 300 gallons of diesel, and a few good men and women. truck list is, bobbed m818 bought from John winslow was a great man RIP, m931a2 recovered by me and driven back from ft. hood tx, and a m916 that i bought from a fellow member.

powersmoke18

3 days I drove back with my boss he kept making me stop. it ran real good!! the EGTs were super high tho. idk what the solution is for that. we removed the exhaust the other day and it seemed to help alot with the high egts. i know the filter setup is really restrictive aswell. it ran 65 on the flats but hills are a challenge as they are in almost any military truck.

gem1410

I got a 923a2 3 weeks ago---the turbo engine starts easy--very quiet--can actually hear what the passenger says--the shift points are in the 2200+ rpm range---does your trans do the same--the old cummins runs low shift points and has big low end torque

powersmoke18

ya the shift points are up there!! I like driving the truck kinda reminds me of the way the hummers drive. gotta change the trans fluid to atf tho. mine still has motor oil in it!! kinda got put on the back burner with all the toys i gotta fix!!