• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need trucks moved from NC to AZ to TX to WV

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm looking for a cross-country hauler to move some trucks around. I need a quote on moving a 5-ton from NC to AZ, then a 2.5-ton LWB from AZ to TX, and finally, a 1.25-ton from TX to WV. Post or PM if interested or if you know of a good shipper who could handle that. Thanks.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastico, one is a non-runner and one is a runner, but not proven driver. Thanks for the offer though.

Kenny, you'll see shortly :)

Will, thanks for the leads. I contact some of those folks.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
P&C Trans is a no go. They don't go out west. One of the other guys involved got a quote today for $10,000! I just about had a stroke when I saw that!

Crash_AF

Really, it's not too nuts at all... it's actually about $2 per mile which is a decent rate with fuel prices the way they are. The entire trip is 5019 miles and at 10 hours a day that's 8 or 9 days.

Heck, I did some number crunching and it would cost me about $5500 just to drive down to AZ and then drive the deuce, tow the HMMWV and drive the 5 ton and it would take 2 weeks to complete safely. I couldn't do the job for less than $7500 and that's DRIVING the vehicles not shipping them...

Good luck with it.

Later,
Joe