• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

need very bright lights!

Dodge man

AN/VSS-1(V)2 100 Million Candle Power Search Light

so i want to hookup some ridiculous lights. Any ideas besides the kc off road type?

I really like this guy but there all gone search

anyone know where i can get something like that or something else insanely powerful?
Link above goes to AN/VSS-1(V)2 100 Million Candle Power Search Light! at Saturn Surplus at <http://saturnsurplus.com/lights/search.htm>.

A friend of mine got three of these lights and at least one control box but no interconnecting cables or a diagram of them. Does anyone know where i can find the cables and/or a TM for the lights?

v8turbo

Attachments

v8turbo

More pics of Baja Designs Lights. And these are only the 4 inch HID's... Put some of the 8 inch lights on and you will melt anyone in front of you.

Attachments

PsycoBob

After years of being a bit of a flashaholic, I should point out that there's a fine line between lights for a truck, and a truck for the lights. Please note that I've made 3D Maglites hotrodded enougg to start fires.

Headlamp upgrades are easy. Metal reflectors and glass lenses, H4 100W halogens and ceramic high-temp plugs are about $60. I put a set on a friend's m109, with stock plugs for the light tubs.

Driving/fog/tractor lights with H3 lamps can be had cheap, and H3 is common enough in 24v and 100W+.

For the truly crazy, an AN/VSS-1 or VSS-3 will do nicely for throw. They run on DC, but you may need an aux 28v Genset to run them more than a few minutes.
AN/VSS's Duel & Tank Lights Tangle, Who Wins? - CandlePowerForums

Stadium lights Can be lots brighter, with good flood. 2+KW, but usually require 240vAC. Not a problem if you already plan on a genset. Add a boom like from a bucket-lift, and you can host your own baseball games.