• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need weight info for 818

omega231

as the title suggests in need to know what the curb weight (what the truck weights on its own), and the GVWR. I need it so that i can file the long overdue SF97...

omega231

thanks man helps alot. the info documents from GL only give it a 20,000lb cargo limit, but im sure the truck can pull far more.

ive got one other quick question: will a deuce heater mesh with a 5 ton? ive gotta parts deuce and a heaterless m820, so i would like to know.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ive got one other quick question: will a deuce heater mesh with a 5 ton? ive gotta parts deuce and a heaterless m820, so i would like to know.
I believe they are the same type. If a more experienced heater tinkerer could chime in? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

I need to change out my heater core due to leak. I just need to find some time.

Last edited:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The biggest difference with the 809 series winterization kits and the m44 series, is that the diverter box under the dash has the supply coming from the driver side on a m44 and the pass side on a 809.

If you really want it, you can make either one fit. There are ways to do it, even mount the heater box in the cab and mount the diverter box backwards.

the diverter boxes are reversible.

drill out the spots on the mounting brackets and cable hold down and reweld on other side.

also remove and flip the diverter shaft.

the whole job takes less than 30 mins.

the idea of moving the heater box inside the cab works very well.

I mounted the heater inside the cab on the 819.

major improvement as your not heating cold air.

heck i remember one time last year i even took my gloves off while driving!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks