• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

needing help finding generator engine manual

yaymcnatt

I have a small skid mounted generator that came out of a light plant. the engine plate says Wisconsin ruggerini diesel. the only number I can find reads trd 1-540-01. im not gonna use the generator part of the assembly I just want to use the engine.thanks any help will be appreciated

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So you think this is a military generator? No pics? Your not providing a lot of info for us. Have you posted on smokstak.com?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Do a google search for that NSN, it should bring up some info for you.

Looks like a 3kw 60hz genset. If you google the nsn, you will find contact info for winco. You can contact them for motor info.

Last edited:

BBIpappy

I have one like that took it to a electrical company and had it wired to run on 220V for my cabin. Everything went well until this spring, lost power, found that the gen armature went. So my question is do you still have the generator part of the unit and would you be interested in selling it.

Thanks
BBIpappy

Chainbreaker

Wow ! Chainbreaker you hit the mother lode of "Wisconsin Engine" manuals !
Locating that site took a bit of Googling and Binging to find. Though, I'm a bit like a bloodhound at times once I get on-scent it is hard to let go until I find what I am looking for. While on the hunt I did manage to find a couple of units that were sold by Government Liquidation a while back but not much additional info on them other than same NSN. Eventually I followed a lead to the ssbtractor site.

Chainbreaker

We'll have to have you on the hunt for other stuff from now on ! You'll be our "go to guy !"
Always glad to help when I can. This site and its members are a wealth of experience and knowledge that certainly have been invaluable when I needed information.