• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needing to borrow a trailer big enough to haul an M1008

roosterbawls

I live in Norman, Oklahoma and bought a CUCV in Heber Springs, Arkansas. Found a place that rents out trailers but they sold the one I needed. If you have one I could borrow and would want to go with me, I'll pay for all your expenses. Planning to go the July 26, 2014 and come back the 27th. It's a Saturday and Sunday. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405974187.129434.jpg

Thanks guys

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of tow bars you can use. I'm near downtown OKC

roosterbawls

Stupid question here, do they hook right on to the lunettes or do I pull the lunettes and hook the tow bars where the lunettes attach. When I was in the army we just used chains. Lol

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You remove the tow shackles (horseshoes) and attach the towbars feet to the shackle mounts.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have the towbar, feet and pins. Need to make arrangements to pick it up before saturday.

You will need some tow lights.

Herber Springs is a good drive. If you do flat tow it, make sure you keep an eye on the wheel bearings (heat) and the tires. I may have some spares tires on 16" Chevy rims.

Last edited:

roosterbawls

What day would be good to pick it up? I can do it any time before 1400 or so. Would stopping every hour or so to check for heat be sufficient? And keep it below 65 or 70?

trider

I have a gooseneck dovetail trailer its 35' long with fold over ramps. It would probably take a 3/4 ton truck to pull the trailer, its all there. I would go with you and take my truck and trailer but we have plans to go to the lake for my birthday.

roosterbawls

I appreciate all the help guys. Trider I work today, tomorrow, and Friday from 1430 to 2230, when would be a good time for me to pick up the trailer? Here's my number 5802778056

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of one here in OKC. New paint, 6.5L engine, lift, etc.

It is the one in the back

lssv 007.jpg

If interested I can get his number to you.

Last edited:

roosterbawls

How much is he wanting? My wife has a choke collar set on me at 4,000. MAYBE 4,500 if my wife REALLY likes it.

EDIT: the picture just loaded. That thing is sweet!

Last edited: