• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Needing to haul my M35a2 from Jefferson City to Chattanooga

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could always plug the oil supply line and remove the turbo and drive it like that.

MRdobb

Well it's not legally ready to be on the road I was in the process of transporting it to where I am staying up here. Do you think with the turbo going out there could potentially be anything else that could have gotten damaged?

bigbird1

Well it's not legally ready to be on the road I was in the process of transporting it to where I am staying up here. Do you think with the turbo going out there could potentially be anything else that could have gotten damaged?
Did you hear any strange engine noise, rattles or bangs? Sometimes the fins break off and enter the intake to the pistons, but not common. The only way to tell is pull the hose off and look at the intake fins.

MRdobb

I am going to pull the turbo tomorrow and see. As the truck was descending down a hill essentially under little load the engine revved wide open and then a pop. After this I drove the truck approx .25 miles to a safe location and it was running with no loud noises. The Turbo was cherry red at this point and caused a flash fire under the hood for a minute causing slight charging to the wires on the starter and generator.

whiskey357

Banned
Ya getting it home is one thing.....drivieng it after a fire ...sizes does not matter is well to be kind......not good for you or the truck.......best of luck getting it home....