• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neighbor issue's here in WV

jasonjc

Thats the thing I have have 4 dogs and they are fine. I know most of the dog's around me by name, and they are fine too. I have not seen or herd of any dead/sick one's.?. Thats what really makes this BS!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My LEO with the Sherriffs Dept is also in charge of animal control. I have a huge cat problem , and now they are fare game due to them destroying my property by clawing my paint and cimbing on my restored M37 in my garage. Im handling my animal problem here :-D
We have a huge cat problem as well. One of five and his name is Bacardi. All indoor so they don't irritate the neighbors.

I don't think the boss would appreciate me "taking care" of him. ;-)

All my big stuff is inside and the only thing I have outside is my 4 M105s and they are behind the barn out of site.

sw

saddamsnightmare

January 28th, 2010.

M37_Power:

Sorry to hear of your problems, it's really unfortunate for West Virginia (where I was born, I might add), that you happen to live in a college town, and with colleges come egghead busybodies. Personally, I would not live within city limits where they can regulate such things as our trucks, but many counties are becoming hotbeads of liberal thought and Wisconsin and California.....need I say more. Liberal is, it's my right to park the BMW in the driveway, but it's not your right to park your M-37 or M-35 in your driveway...... Fortunately the Texan's have some sense left here in this county (Lamar) and the City of Reno has so far left my trucks alone (I have offered them for emergency duty to the City Police Chief should he need either one of them and myself to handle a high water or off road situation), but as I am considering moving back east to a new job..... let us say I am concerned.
Hey Jay, easy on the cat comments..... I have the same problem with dogs out here, and there are no laws to properly control them in the country. At least in West Virginia if they were a threat to the farmers livestock they were dealt with humanely.... You should at least have no mice in your house, but how are they getting into your garage, I might ask (got the door opener control, perhaps)??? The country people around here seem to never have heard of spay and neuter..... and it goes for their families also!

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan;)

Crash_AF

Thanks for the support guys. I put the dodge back in the garage last night to start sandblasting it. I was hoping to bring my parts truck to my house in town so that i could start stripping the good parts off of it. Now I cant even do that. Oh well, as soon as I get my tags on it it will be back out in the driveway for my neighbor to look at everyday on his way home. Its pretty sad how petty some people can be.
I would get the M37 inspected and legal, then bring the parts truck over and swap the windshield with the inspection sticker and tags over to the parts truck while it was in the driveway. Tell the inspector that you're doing 'routine maintenance' on it and it should be operational again very soon. When the deadline for getting it running comes up, swap the trucks from the driveway to the garage so that it's running and operable again.

Sorry to hear about your busybody problem... I had a couple here that I successfully fought off. Now I have an 816 parked beside my driveway as an FU to the neighbors. Code enforcement won't even respond to my address anymore because of all the false complaints filed. :twisted:

Later,
Joe

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Can't believe this is happening in Fairmont! It's not like it's Greystone out on Cheat Lake or something. I will be coming up to Fairmont sometime this year. Guess I'll have to bring the deuce. Might need to drive by and see you (and your neighbor) in 1st gear low range at 2500 rpm.

Join the club. I have 3 in my complex female dogging also. Someone spiked my fuel tank on my blazer. So watch out. The penis's are out there . Maybe your neighbor has a coke problem of the white powdery type. You know, just like all us guys that have MV's are rednecks, those that drive BMW's have to be coke freeks...right?

AceHigh

Way down in this part of the state most folks don't have antique plated vehicles inspected at all. Neither of my trucks is inspected. I honestly have no idea if inspection is required, and I almost bet the local cops here don't either. :cool:

motorolanut

I live right next to Bridgeport WV, and its filled with Horses A@s's.. Thank God I live outside the city limits.....

Don't worry the Rat Weasel will expose him or herself with time..:cookoo:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
WV historic plated vehicles do not require annual inspection but can't remember if they need an initial inspection. Down side with that is the limited use with historic plates.

motorolanut

Exactly, Antique plates are usually to and from a show or parade.....Kinda like Dealer tags are for test drives and delivery only.
But are abused badly in WV....Just get a regular class "A" plate...

wvhillbilly

LIVE IN POCOHONTAS COUNTY. LICENSED MY DEUCE USING "B" PLATES WHICH ARE TRUCK TAGS. CURRENTLY HAVE IT LICENSED FOR 20K POUNDS, WHICH MEANS I CAN LEGALLY HAUL AROUND 3 TONS +/- . DON'T NEED A CDL BECAUSE I AM WAY UNDER THE WEIGHT LIMIT. HOWEVER, MOST PEOPLE STILL THINK I NEED A CDL TO DRIVE MY TRUCK BECAUSE THEY THINK ITS AIR BRAKES ONLY. THEY HATE IT WHEN I SHOW THEM THE MASTER CYLINDER:lol:, AND EXPLAIN TO THEM HOW THE BRAKES WORK. HAVE EVEN BEEN KNOWN TO "EDUCATE" UNKNOWING STATE TROOPERS AND SEVERAL POCAHONTAS COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPUTIES, PLUS A BUNCH OF LOCAL LOGGERS AND TRUCKERS...THEY JUST aua ANF THINK ME AND KATHY HAVE WENT:cookoo:

rmgill

Cats are good to have around MVs. They keep after the critters that'll get inside the trucks and eat seats and wiring.

KsM715

I say get your truck all nice and legal, (and everything else that might cause a problem) then get a copy of codes and start going over the complainers property with a fine tooth comb. Chances are he's in violation of something stupid and petty as-well.

Nickathome

I could see you getting hassled if you had the truck parked on a public street for months on end without any tags, but in your own driveway? Its on your own property for Christ's sake.

My dad had a 67 ford fairlane when I was young that he had parked on the street without tags and he did get a visit from the local constable and was told to move it, which he did. He parked the car on the side of the house and there was nothing more that could be said because it was off the street. And since he had less than 5 vehicles on the property nobody could do a thing.

I live in a semi-rural area and couldn't have cooler neighbors. They all love my truck, and where we live you're legal to park anywhere on your property whether tagged or not. I have my truck registered as an antique so no inspections required. Here in Pa the antique laws are restrictive, but not enforced at all so I pretty much drive my truck whenever I want. The law does allow for "recreational driving" one day a week, but it doesn't mention whether you can or can't break that one day up into two hour drives every day, and therein lies the loophole.

Last edited:

Viper350

IMO realestate agents are the worst. Every time a house in my neighborhood goes up for sale everybody on the block gets a visit from code enforcement. Causes bad blood between the neighbors due to all the finger pointing.

S&S

Over here we're alowed one unplated vehicle.
A budy of mine has a farm and has spare parts vehicles for everything he owns. all parked about a mille away from the road.
Well it turns out that the property next to his sold and the new neibor built a mille back from the road and right next to his property line.
Shortly after he got a complaint and had to cleen up the "eye sore" that can't even be seen by his own house.
So he complied and cleaned everything up and now uses that space to store all the manure from his farm:mrgreen:

Mudstone

i recently had a run in with LEO over get this... a CUCV. my personal every day driver cucv. parked it in front of my house and was ticketed for impeding traffic. there was a nissan xterra parked in front of me that did not get cited and a car behind me that did not get cited. sadly when i took my pictures to court they argued that the truck is too wide and was indeed blocking traffic. I ended up paying my 35$. now i park in the driveway.:evil:

m37_power

Well, i have stayed quiet for right now on the issue. I along with 2 of my friends have spent every night over the past week tearing down the M37 and getting everything finished up quickly. Im hoping in the next month, it will make its debute back out in my driveway legal and ready for driving. I guess it just bothers me. I have had the truck in my garage for over a year now and only moved it out when working on it or something else. It was out for 2 weeks this time and this happened. Its funny, i couldnt tell you how many people that were driving by or out walking stopped and talked to me about it. I have also worked out something with another neighbor so the truck will be parked directly across the road from this guys house. I want him to get a good look at it every day.

Also, CARNAC and others are more then welcome to stop by anytime. pm me when you will be in the area and ill give you my cell phone. Im always up for talking about MV's and i would love to see a deuce parked in my driveway. Im hoping to pick one up after i finish up the M37. Thanks for the support guys!

armytruck63

OK, I must tell my favorite "neighbor" story. I live in a semi-rural area and the neighbors seem ok with my vehicles. Guys ride quads up and down my street at times and there are several hot-rodders up the block.

I got my first deuce from an active-duty Army recruiter. He lived off-base in Oxnard, CA and was tired of the neighbors hassling him about having the duece parked in his driveway. So, he sold me the truck.

Six months later there were torrential rains combined with a really high tide - they were right near the beach. His panicked neighbors came over and asked if he would haul sandbags in the deuce. He smiled and told them he sold the truck because of their complaints.

Being the better man, he did offer to help with his M1008.

I like this story...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks