• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neighbors M37

GamaGoatGirl

So, we stopped by today so I could get a look at the truck myself and I took some better pictures for you to look at!

Attachments

zout

Would not scare me in that shape to bring it back to run & play with it. A showpiece is another story and I am guessing you do not want to go that route.

Sand down but not taking it all off till you can see a continued good layer - sand blast the rust areas till you see no more and patch in - but I am insane anyhow.

Sure like looks of it. But I like the ambulance better :mrgreen:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I saw some rot issues...not REAL bad ..but there.
Wish ya had some pics under the hood.

If that truck were sitting within 50 miles of me my max offer would not be over 1.5 to 2K...unless I could crank it up and drive it around (maybe without brakes).:wink:

But then again...how many are available in your area etc,. and what is the ultimate goal?
Will it be a trailer queen, DD, or just a toy?:driver:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Toy.

I see aluminum duct tape under the paint in several places, then painted over. I'm not too impressed with the previous "restoration".

I probably will try to get it running, if for no other reason than to help the owner.

Seems like when I want something I hear, "we need a new porch, or I want a new kitchen..." But, when SHE want's something, we get it...8)

Just not too sure I need to own this thing, the more I look at it and consider it.

Srjeeper

Ask......

DH, why not run your pictures by David Doyle and get his take on it. If anybody knows what somethings worth in the M series catagory I'd say he'd be the guy.

Doesn't look all that bad compared to some I've seen, but it isn't my $ on the line.

Good luck...however it turns out.....[thumbzup]

zout

I hear ya - IS THE JEEP READY YET echo's in my ear since the engine arrived.

You can always get it and drop it off at Zouts and let me have at it. I am a total nut case anyhow but as $ figures and having been through this for a Toy - I would not give over 1800 for it - as you know time is valuable.

Other consideration is - without making it sound really bad in his ears - just walk through all the stuff on it that needs repair quickly and as a last point how much realistlically you would have invested in those repairs and what it is worth if it were a total resto looking at it.

I never insult anyone - its just a matter of describing and bringing their feet back on the ground to reality
But of course you know all this already. If the asking price was already in line it would be sitting in your driveway for DHWife to look at & my dog sitting on the front seat.

vtdeucedriver

I was ok with what I had seen until the inside the bed shot and the seam where the fender is bolted to the side. Too bad as I used to own a NOS side panel. If you get it running, she would make a great 37 gun truck. I would consider it.

vtdeucedriver

Really to bad he let it sit outside. Looks like it has had some nice stuff put on it. I bet that tailgate at one time was mint and the fenders looked really good at one time.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Toy.

I see aluminum duct tape under the paint in several places, then painted over. I'm not too impressed with the previous "restoration".
I probably will try to get it running, if for no other reason than to help the owner.
Seems like when I want something I hear, "we need a new porch, or I want a new kitchen..." But, when SHE want's something, we get it...8)
Just not too sure I need to own this thing, the more I look at it and consider it.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!:roll:

citizensoldier

2K max only if the motor is free in this gnomes opinion. It has sat so long the tank will need cleaning, the carb cleaned, wheel cylinders, master cylinder, and more. Lots of NY salt has fallen on that beast. If you could get it for 2k or less it would be worth it to get road worthy and have a nice trail off road truck to have fun with. To be a trailer queen show piece it would be a money pit. If he did not lube up the engine after he parked it I bet some valves are hung up too. The location to you is a plus..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks