• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Neutral Safety / reverse switch bushing

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to save money. Found the proper thread pitch for neutral safety and reverse switches on a forum here (can't find the thread now :(. Bought a NSS from the auction site. Sourced a $7 bushing from mc master carr PN 90245A077 which is a 3/4-16 to 9/16-18 threaded insert adapter. Just need to cut it to length with a hacksaw and I should be good to go as soon as I have time to remove the shifter. Bushing fits the switch, hope it fits the shifter.

Hope this helps someone!

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you trying to add reverse lights? if so you will still need the rest of the kit, the entire kit is only about $70

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was adding a backup camera and monitor and thought it would be nice to control it with the reverse switch instead of manually turning it on/off.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was adding a backup camera and monitor and thought it would be nice to control it with the reverse switch instead of manually turning it on/off.
Every reverse switch I have added needed these two extra parts besides the switch, lights or camera should be no difference.

NVAM998

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Mogman,

I'm pretty new to all of this. I have a 3 speed M998 and I thought those were only required for the 4 speed or "park" version shifter or something. I could be wrong just like when I thought replacing the incandescent bulbs with LEDs was a simple swap! This forum is extremely useful and I'm trying to give back where I can.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You
Hi Mogman,

I'm pretty new to all of this. I have a 3 speed M998 and I thought those were only required for the 4 speed or "park" version shifter or something. I could be wrong just like when I thought replacing the incandescent bulbs with LEDs was a simple swap! This forum is extremely useful and I'm trying to give back where I can.
You could be correct, I have never tried to add a reverse switch to a 3 speed, hopefully someone else will chime in with the info.