• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nevada MV's unite!

jpinreno

New owner of a M1078 - still being prepped for Delivery, anticipate pickup in March. I'll be posting a recovery thread and trip report once planned with the exact date.

M1078 A1, Old Southwest, Reno NV

gun truck

Hi Guys ,
I'm in Gardnerville NV with my M925A1 Gun truck. Once I have my PT pump rebuilt , you should see me cruising around .

Major Asstyrd

Hi Guys ,
I'm in Gardnerville NV with my M925A1 Gun truck. Once I have my PT pump rebuilt , you should see me cruising around .
Gun Truck - Did you see the post about the big Spring meet moving to Plymouth, CA in 2019? Did you go? I don't remember ever seeing a gun truck at our big meets. Strange. I mean the 5 ton or deuce types. We had to cancel the 2020 Spring and Fall events due to Amador County virus rules for events. This April it it is on unless some big outbreak happens. But things are looking up. Big Mike can comment about the "Big Truck Showcase" which might be planned. Probably Armor and HMMWVs will be featured separately.

MVers around Carson City and Gardnerville must be loving this change of venues. From Gardnerville it's 96 miles via Hwy 88 to Hale Road which turns into Fiddletown Road and straight to Plymouth. Or 105 miles if you go over 50 and down SR 49 unless you exit at Pollock Pines and take Sly Park Road south. It turns into a couple other roads and ends at Plymouth. I have not driven that leg. No doubt all country two lane.

The MVCC should be publishing all event details soon on www.MVCCNews.net but the camping reservation form is there. Send that in ASAP. For those in hotels commuting in MVs there will be MV parking/display space on the fairgrounds side, by that campground and arena where we do the showcases. I hear there will be a MV poker rally so those participants should have up do date registration, brake lamps, liability insurance. Very nice, scenic driving area.

Major Asstyrd

FYI there is another swap meet in Plymouth. Same type of event, normally half the size. We here it might be bigger than the 2019 version because people are still stir-crazy for events, especially the ones who didn't make the trip to the April meet. Despite that it was one of the biggest!

azulrios

Anyone out and about in the gardnerville area with there military vehicles ?
I live near Incline Village. Have an '86 - M1025 slantback. I also need some help with HMMWV rims / tires. see below;

Anyone in the Reno area that I can contact to replace two (02) of my HMMWV paired 24 stud rims / tires??

I have never worked on a split type rim / tire assembly so need some help.

Thanks in advance

gun truck

I live near Incline Village. Have an '86 - M1025 slantback. I also need some help with HMMWV rims / tires. see below;

Anyone in the Reno area that I can contact to replace two (02) of my HMMWV paired 24 stud rims / tires??

I have never worked on a split type rim / tire assembly so need some help.

Thanks in advance
Hi azulrios, I've done quite a bit of work on my 5 ton combat rims . There's a lot of info on ytube for this subject . If you don't figure it out, pm me and I'll come and help you .

NVDiveguy

I am in Gardnerville with a 1994 M1078. No problem at DMV. They couldn't wait to take my money. Get a trip permit and they will direct you aound the back for an inspection in Carson City..

Pointman
What documents do you need? I am still waiting for mine from the auction. Vehicle just arrived.

jeryshery

From Winnemucca I have an m54a2 I picked up for 6500 last Thursday. Fun truck, every time I get in it it reminds me of the "fortunate son intensifies" meme. Don't know what direction the project is gonna take but the camo on it kinda sucks I think. Anyone have any experience tagging trucks as retired military vehicles?

Attachments

gun truck

From Winnemucca I have an m54a2 I picked up for 6500 last Thursday. Fun truck, every time I get in it it reminds me of the "fortunate son intensifies" meme. Don't know what direction the project is gonna take but the camo on it kinda sucks I think. Anyone have any experience tagging trucks as retired military vehicles?
Great Lookin Ttruck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks