• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Nevada TO Mississippi VIA I40 recovery M925A1 checklist REVIEW BY SS

denelec06

Hello everyone. I made it to Vegas. Shortly I eiil be heading over to Nellis to get my first look at my truck. Will post updates. Thanks everyone.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received this email update from him last night:

Got the truck headed home now. It is excellent many tools a block for the winch cruising good almost to flagstaff now going to grand canyon, thank u so much for ur help. Can u update my progress on SS for me? Service is crazy here and hard to do while driving. Again thank you I can't believe how good shape this truck is in. Good night
Hope all goes well & that he misses the snow through Northern AZ & NM.

denelec06

HELLO everyone. Sorry it has taken so long to get back here. I did get the truck and drove 2150 miles without the first issue. We stoped at the Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, and rode mostly back roads the whole way home. A very good trip. I think I may have averaged 6.25 MPG without he tarp on and 70PSI in the tires. My kids love it and they even get to ride to school in it now and then. The truck was in excellent condition and full of tools, jack, chains, hoses, etc. The winch even works flawlessly has been used to extract a Kubota excavator NO PROBLEM!! ALL I need now is new seat cover or cushions for the driver seat kinda rotted. If there is any help I can provide anyone please let me know. Thank you all for the help. A very special thanks to Mr Warren (silverstate55) for previewing the truck for me and helping me out with several questions THANK YOU MR. WARREN. CSM Davis for enduring my many phone calls on the trip just to ask questions about small concerns I had THANK YOUR CSM Davis. Thanks for all the offers of help and information that allowed the recovery to be a complete sucess.
iphone MONSTER 106.jpgiphone MONSTER 101.jpgiphone MONSTER 068.jpgiphone MONSTER 030.jpg

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the photos & glad to hear that you made it home OK. Keep the photos & updates coming, that's a fine truck there!

jarhead1086

Nice truck. You deserved a trouble free recovery, glad to hear it. My Barstow to Northern Utah recovery is still in progress and the first 170 miles to Vegas was entertaining and forced me to learn a lot about the truck. ABS brakes locking up and various leaks. You completed twice the mileage I will, I really take my hat off to you. My toolbox is chained shut and I haven't cut the lock yet. It looked brand new including the cover but you can't let a perfect looking truck lull you into complacency on your pre-flight checks. You are a brave one. I am heading to Vegas tomorrow to get mine closer to home. Thanks again for this post showing how it can be done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks