• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Never ending head gaskets

Helppppp!!!! So I’ve replaced two sets of head gaskets on my deuce. The first set blew between the cylinders so it was swapping compression from side to side. The next set pushed the head gasket on the rear head completely out. I used some copper high tach on it. Maybe I should of done it dry. I had both heads machined. The next gasket just blew out of the rear head. Oil and coolant everywhere. So what’s the best place to get good head gaskets. I just purchased a three foot machinist flat edge. I really don’t want to have to disassemble the whole motor to have the block decked. I’ve bypassed the fuel density regulator and use this truck on the farm hauling hay manure and gravel. The multi fuel starts and runs so good. But it just eats head gaskets. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So I followed the torque specs I found on the technical manual section two years ago. To get the nuts that are on the left side of the head I welded a socket on to a cut down 12 point wrench so I could torque them down. And yes I thought about to much boost being an issue. I mean it might put out ten psi now 😹. It has no boost or egt gauge. I always let it warm up and cool down. The head gasket kits came from eBay and they included new style head gaskets. They were oem military kits. I can turn it back down but I kinda like going down the road hauling 6 ton of gravel and going 55 mph. I’ve named the old girl rolling thunder. 😹😹😹. It dosnt pop the gaskets when I’m working it. Just normal driving. So maybe I need better parts. Or a lighter foot. 😹.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Go spend $40-50 and get your self a cheap boost gauge. If you see over 12-14 psi under a load, back off the fuel or keep changing head gaskets. I prefer a copper tube line for the boost gauge.

Go spend $40-50 and get your self a cheap boost gauge. If you see over 12-14 psi under a load, back off the fuel or keep changing head gaskets. I prefer a copper tube line for the boost gauge.
I can put a boost gauge on it. That’s no big deal. And yes I’m sick of changing head gaskets 😹. Any advice on who sells the best head gaskets. Thanks

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
New studs are in order here
Do it once with best stuff or do it again

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks