• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEVER WITH A LEXUS

SasquatchSanta

Yesterday evening I took the half-a-deuce (Rosie) over to a piece of woods property I own a couple of miles of where I live. After driving off the road and back into the property I stopped and walked around for a while.

When I got back home last night I noticed my water bottle was gone. I figured I left it in the woods and would go back out today and retrieve it. When I walked out into the front yard this morning --- there was my water bottle, sitting on the winch cover where I'd left it last night.

Wasn't it Lexus that had the commercial with the champagne glasses on the hood. I'll bet a Lexus couldn't have gone through the terrain I went through last night and kept it's cargo.

Attachments

beaubeau

That reminds me of an incident I had in V.N.. I left my Portable Radio on the ledge of a 5ton Dump, and I drove about 15 miles. When I was about to dump the load, the Grader operator signaled me to stop and pointed to the dump body. I got out and there was my radio, still playing. I have done things like that when I drove xcountry with my rig. Left a partial Coke can on back bumper ledge of my rigin Maine, drove to Florida and found the can stoill on the bumper! Of course air suspension is a factor! Phil

citizensoldier

I am famouse for this type of thing with my cell phone.. I have a few phones with some seriouse mileage on them.. Cant believe they stayed on the bumper or top of the car.. I put 25 off road miles on a GPS once too... Darn part time memory..

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I somehow left a wrench on the left fender of mine once and it was still there when I got to my Dad's house which is almost 30 miles away.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did the same type of thing, but with about $200 worth of Snap-On and Mac tools. Drove the truck to work, did some goofy things to it while I was there. Got half way home...10 miles...and was on a long sweeping, 40 MPH curve, and heard the unmistakable sound of tools dropping and realized what was going on. Only a 1 inch Mac angle wrench had fallen. All the rest of the tools were still on the winch top plate...3/8 flex ratchet, extentions, sockets, wrenches. Couldn't believe it! The best thing was that I didn't need to replace the lost tools. I hate CRS.

ygmir

I did that with a laundry basket.........I did see the colorful stuff as it floated to and along the street from my roof.........
back when I went to the laundy mat and flirted more than laundered.........

HEnry