• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"New" 1973 M35A2 w/M66

DrFuzzy

Just got off the phone with Danny K, and I'm all set...see you guys Wednesday evening. I'm bringing the truck along. Just wonder how much driving time to allow from Liberty Hill (48 mph is less than I normally drive).

I'm curious as to what kind of engine I *really* have, since the whole 1964 / 1973 thing isn't really settled.

--Fuzzy

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should be plenty of deuce "experts" there on Wed. We'll tell you what it is. Might not be right, but we'll tell you.

Pawnshop

I just consulted with two of our members who own Deuces, live in Liberty Hill and have driven their trucks to club meetings, they say that it should take an hour. It would not hurt to add another 30 minutes to that to allow for traffic snafus. If you get down there early some of us form up at the Jim's on 183 at Burnet for dinner at about 1730, we are easy to spot: CUCV in the parking lot and OD green club shirts inside, come join us!

DrFuzzy

I just consulted with two of our members who own Deuces, live in Liberty Hill and have driven their trucks to club meetings, they say that it should take an hour. It would not hurt to add another 30 minutes to that to allow for traffic snafus. If you get down there early some of us form up at the Jim's on 183 at Burnet for dinner at about 1730, we are easy to spot: CUCV in the parking lot and OD green club shirts inside, come join us!

Sounds great...I'll be at Jim's about 5:30pm.

--Fuzzy

DrFuzzy

It was great meeting you all last night. I got a few pix of Ed's gun truck, but the meeting ran too long to talk afterwards.

The good news is that my Deuce made it all the way into town and back without any trouble (total of 60 miles). The bad news is that I have a water pump or thermostat issue. When the engine RPM's at above 2,400 it runs at 160-180 degrees. But when the engine is idling or driving lower than 2,400 RPM's the temperature gauge jumps to 200-240 degrees.

At least the truck is legal to drive and drew no special attention from the dozen or so LEO's who passed me last night. Of course in a Deuce you never get to pass anything else :)

--Fuzzy

gunboy1656

I pass a lot of things in my truck. People walking on the side of the road, little old ladies that cant figure out where their gas pedal is, and lately a bunch of people on pedal bikes at least 30 at a time. :p:p

Pawnshop

It was good to finally meet you too! You have plenty of Deuce support in the area, we can help you get that overheat situation taken care of. 60 miles is a good first long trip, though the new member who drove his Deuce in from Las Vegas to the meeting takes the Iron Man award for the month!

DrFuzzy

Took the Deuce to it's first car show today in Leander, TX. It sure looks tiny next to the 5-ton.

--Fuzzy

[ The 5 ton belongs to M813RC ]

Attachments

Last edited:
So is 160-180 a good cool/cold weather running temp? I was worried mine was running too cold.

Question two, who would be in the top five of greatest places ever to buy parts?

Thanks alot mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks