• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New! 2009 GA Rally Multimedia Thread

jw4x4

I have really enjoyed the pics, videos, and comments from the 2009 Ga rally.
A BIG THANK YOU to everyone involved for the great experience. I have a few pics to post. Would have taken more, but didn't find my camera until Sat. I am looking forward to more get-togethers in the future.

Attachments

keithc

Here's a few pics showing the disc brakes on my deuce. I am still trying to download more pics from the ralley.

Attachments

Last edited:

keithc

I bought the truck and the conversion had been completed, but...it had also been wrecked in the front. The calipers in the front had been removed and were laying in the floor board and one of the calipers in the rear was removed. The guy which I bought the truck from did not do the conversion and he had no details. I cleaned the system, ran new lines to the front, and put replaced the MC. They do work, but will lock up the tires on dirt only. The truck stops, but I am not sure how they would compare to drums.

Keith

scooter01922

Thanks for posting up the pics salafrae :) love ya babe. I still have over an HOUR of vid i need to edit and post. Hang in there guys, its commin. The wait will be worth it. GREAT job clinto on a fantastic rally. Me and the GF will be there again next year without a doubt. Thanks to bigcase for giving me a lift for the trail rides and giving me a great truck film in the challenging stuff. Oh yeah and for giving salafrae the shotgun position and giving her one **** of a ride. Also thanks for returning her in one piece :)

scooter01922

To everyone else, it was fantastic meeting all of you. I'm not even going to attempt to list all the guys i met. Suffice to say that its nice to know what some of you look like. It was by far the best time i have had in a long time :)

Big CASE

Thanks for posting up the pics salafrae :) love ya babe. I still have over an HOUR of vid i need to edit and post. Hang in there guys, its commin. The wait will be worth it. GREAT job clinto on a fantastic rally. Me and the GF will be there again next year without a doubt. Thanks to bigcase for giving me a lift for the trail rides and giving me a great truck film in the challenging stuff. Oh yeah and for giving salafrae the shotgun position and giving her one **** of a ride. Also thanks for returning her in one piece :)
Any time Man , all way well come

keithc

I ran across that disk brake conversion kit awhile back. It is 650.00 per corner. It is at Ouverson engineering. Here is the link Ouverson Engineering

philip
Knowing that, I really feel like I got a steal on this truck. I knew the conversion was costly because I priced the calipers and pads, but did not have a clue about the cost of the rotors. It looks like a custom job, but I see no benefit since I am using the same MC and booster.