• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 5 Ton for the new year

Cinman37

Brought home a new to me m923a2, 70 mile trip to get it home. The truck ran and drove fine the entire time and the 8.3 was able to pull hills much better than the nhc250 that was in my last 5 ton. One thing I did notice was a vibration at around 40-43 mph, hoping this was just the super singles and run flat combo and not something in the drive line. We did not make it home before dark so I only have this one picture. Glad to have a MV back in my driveway. Happy new year to everyone.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a unit mod to add the brown.

I was curious because there have been about a dozen or so out of Ft. Polk that had had brown and black sprayed on top of the tan but I had seen no other ones surface. I just "assumed" since Polk is a large training base with a full Arabic Village/ Middle East Urban training area that those were the "opposing" force.

Tornadogt

That is a unit mod to add the brown.

I was curious because there have been about a dozen or so out of Ft. Polk that had had brown and black sprayed on top of the tan but I had seen no other ones surface. I just "assumed" since Polk is a large training base with a full Arabic Village/ Middle East Urban training area that those were the "opposing" force.
I have seen this paint out of Ft Polk also, from what it looked like to me, the units used the pattern from the more common 3 color camo and just started with a tan base as apposed to the 383 green base. Personally I like it and have wanted to try it on one of my own. I like the 4-color MERDC camo patterns also, but think this option is better suited to the M939series trucks due to the time when they were put in service.

dmetalmiki

That is one nice truck. And you must have had a real buzz on the drive home. Satisfying project. And as said before, a great start for the new years events.

Cinman37

Check the front drive shaft too. A few of my A2s have had slack and vibrates at 40+
I got under it yesterday the front drive shaft appears to be tight, no slop that I could tell of. I did find the front passenger side corner of my radiator leaking something after a short run yesterday. Leak was not too teririble but enough to leave a 1 foot diameter wet spot on my concrete driveway. The Fluid was red, previous owner stated he flushed and replaced the coolant, hope he used the red stuff. When the sun comes up I will try find where exactly it is leaking from.

Cinman37

That is one nice truck. And you must have had a real buzz on the drive home. Satisfying project. And as said before, a great start for the new years events.
Yes it was a good trip back, a little nervous on the way home this being a truck I was not familiar with plus driving after sundown. It has the Tacom keypad for the light system. The previous owner showed me how to turn the service lights on but I did not realize that option on the keypad did not include instrument lighting. Being cautious/ paranoid I did not want to start experimenting with the key pad and possibly loose all lights so part of the trip I was flying blind. Just checking gauges when light from passing vehicles would allow. It was a satisfying moment when I arrived home and set the parking brake. Now that I have it home I can thoroughly go through it.