• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 5 ton member

71DeuceAK

Yeah, with the CTIS I imagine it would be great offroad! I'd eventually like to find a couple myself, one for wheeling and one as a daily driver. Seriously!

Just beware once you get the 5 ton stuck, it's STUCK! LOL

JohnnyBM931A2

Very nice looking truck! Congratulations. I would also like to get a M923A2 for some mud wheeling. I get some mudding in the 929 doing on site work, but have to be gentle as she is a source of income.
Sounds like a plan man 8) I say get yourself one of the rusty not-so-great looking ones at one of the auction places for cheap. That way you won't feel bad about covering it with mud.. I can only imagine how much of a pain in the azz it would be to try and clean mud out of every nook and cranny :(

Last edited:

71DeuceAK

Yeah, I've literally considered a M923, 925, etc. as a daily driver. Preferably the A2 variant, for somewhat better fuel mileage LOL.
Yeah, a nice, clean, restored one is a roads-only truck IMO; a rustier one belongs in the trees and mud LOL.