• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 802a's.... Few Qs. Advise on load test? Anyone with equipment in central NC?

Mac53

I bought my first set of 802as out of Bragg area and plan on getting them both fixed up (one for me, trailer and one for a friend).

One starts up and runs, no problems! I threw some batteries, new oil, filter, and a little extra coolant in and it seems happy as can be, with the exception of needing to swap out or clean up some of the gauges. I want to load test it and figure out if everything is really functioning as it should be. Is there anyone in the central NC area (Durham) that might have some sort of load tester? I've never tested a generator and don't feel confident building anything myself for the job.

The second one I haven't gotten to yet... It's missing a few relays. Has a broken emergency switch. I'm going to need to figure out where to get those parts and some grounding rods, too.

My trailer also has a large switch? Synch? box mounted on one side that both generators are connected to. Does this have any sort of application for civilians?

Thanks!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The relays are commonly available through places like Arrow, Newark, etc. The -24P on the machine is invaluable in determining part numbers, which can be crossed to commercially available items. I believe at one point @kloppk had at least one of the styles in stock. The emergency stop switch is also readily available.

The E-stop can be found here and elsewhere: https://www.newark.com/idec/ayw401-r/switch-emergency-stop-1nc-600vac/dp/74K3698

I've got a grounding rod set if you are interested, listed in the classifieds (or was.. either way you can PM me to discuss).

The large switch on the fender is for dumping loads from one machine to the other without going down (ie... synching them). No civilian use unless you are powering something critical that won't allow you to go down.

Mac53

Thanks, both of you! Sending you both messages.

I've also noticed matching damage on both machines. The contacts all remain in place, but it seems someone has broken one mounting leg (the same on both) off the plate for the CR2. Has anyone seen this before or have an idea why it would happen? 20220610_170900.jpg

Last edited:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, both of you! Sending you both messages.

I've also noticed matching damage on both machines. The contacts all remain in place, but it seems someone has broken one mounting leg (the same on both) off the plate for the CR2. Has anyone seen this before or have an idea why it would happen? View attachment 870067
Operator shenanigans... most likely why the unit got DRMO'd out. More and more small things causing more equipment to be pushed out without any further diagnosis.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Southwire 019703R02 19703R02 Distribution Featuring 6 Straight Blade 1 Twist-Lock 30 Receptacle A Stackable, Portable Power Distributor Box for 50 amp, 125/250 Volt, 12,000 Watt, Yellow
this what i use with several milk house space heaters. the beauty for me is the pigtail with the california plug i have coming from my generator is the same one that plugs into the outlet on the side of my house with the transfer switch, and also matches the plug on my welder generator. I have several of these coming soon i will be offering for sale. they are used

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks