• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 923A2 - Back in the Game!

dk8019

So my 923A2 arrived yesterday from Delaware. So far so good, she cranks over and starts right away, runs well, batteries are good, tires are decent, just needs some paint. Looks like the entire braking system had been gone through and most of it replace not long ago. Oil looks nearly brand new, air filter is as well. More details to come, but for now, here's some pictures!
DSC_5612.jpgDSC_5613.jpgDSC_5614.jpgDSC_5615.jpgDSC_5616.jpgDSC_5617.jpgDSC_5618.jpgDSC_5619.jpgDSC_5620.jpg

AhDIASH.jpg

dk8019

Guys,

I'm looking for two things for the truck, can anyone help me?

1. I'm looking for the bumper bracket that retains the hood, mine is missing for some reason.
2. I would like a cargo cover, any leads on a one for a good price? I have the bows and all, just no cover.

Thanks!

dk8019

I had it shipped, short distance, so it was around $3.50 a load mile, but I had no time, and I didn't want to chance it to be honest. I had driven my last 3 back home, from even greater distance, but I was young and stupid once, now I'm just stupid.

Artisan

There is a guy on Ebay selling brand new floor mats for those things for $343.00 free shipping . THAT would sweeten up the cab nice! PM me for the link .

dk8019

Well after a good bit of time with a wire wheel brush, some sand paper, and a lot of time with a HVLP paint gun, she looks a bit better.

5ton after paint.jpg

dk8019

Also, could someone get me some dimensions for the bumper bracket that catches the hood? I need to make one up, I can't find one for the life of me!

dk8019

So I spent some time crawling around under her this evening, she won't be on the road until title and tags show up, so plenty of time to kill getting to know her better. Looks pretty good, the transfer case was replaced not to long ago, the rebuilt case is dated 2007. While examining it, I noticed that the input to the first rear axle from the transfer case was missing some bolts. Sure enough, it was missing three, and the other 5 that were installed were finger tight!!! :-|

So, into the garage, found the same size and length bolts and nuts, and installed them where they belonged, and tightened up the rest, it was clear from their threads that the ones in place, had been rattling around in location for quite a bit of time...

The output flange from the transfer case had all it's bolts and nuts, but 1/2 of them were finger tight. I'm guessing the transfer case replacement was recent, and someone forgot to torque everything back down like they should have.

I'll spend a few more hours underneath her going through everything. All of the ABS components appear very new, as in no road grime on them at all, so it must have been a recent update, as it has a nice hanging tag in the cab talking about the wonders of ABS brakes and it has a nice yellow sticker in the windshield denoting the ABS system. Where any A2 trucks built without ABS? I had thought I had read that only A1 trucks required the update.

Piper Cub

Nice truck! The paint looks like it came out really good. Might try asking Castle Bravo about his truck in the classifieds for the hood catch, I'm getting the shackles off the bumper. I can try to get some pictures of the catch on my bumper tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks