• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New A/M dash install

corvette9

I ordered a new dash pad from Brothers. Same dash LMC sells. As I expected not the best product. If they had a stamped steel inner frame like the OE dash it would be a great product. The foam is very soft and is all you have to screw some of your dash bezel into. Also along the bottom just above the glove box you also only have just the foam to screw through to hold the dash in place.

I thought about cutting some of the steel frame out of the orig. dash and bonding it in place behind al this crappy foam. If this don't last I will buy another one and do it my way. I want to see how this holds up first.

IMG_9221.jpgIMG_9223.jpg

You can see in these pics how the Oe dsah has a complete stamped steel liner.

As far as dying the dash to burgudy. These are the produts I use on plastic.
IMG_9204.JPGIMG_9205.JPGIMG_9206.jpgIMG_9207.JPG

The dash installed. Not bad but could be better.

IMG_9218.jpgIMG_9219.JPGIMG_9220.jpg

Last edited:

cucvrus

Hey that looks really good. How much money did you find inside the cab of that truck? I am missing a few bucks. I a am beginnining to think my 2 cents isn't even worth mentioning. Oh well. Live and learn. I have dealt with a few of the Brothers dash-pads with the same results and sent feedback to Brothers. That truck looks really good. Can I borrow it during firewood season. I will keep it off the helper springs. Did you scrap the class 3 receiver?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks