• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New A1 owner

Jusjofok

Hello all!
I purchased, at the very end of last year, a 1968 M151A1 in rough condition. I am not new to military vehicles as I have owned a 53 M38A1 for about 10 years now and have worked on quite a few of these 151's as well as some fire department deuces.
My new MUTT has been half-way crushed with a backhoe and half-way fixed. :cry: The cowl and rear fenders were crushed and partially pushed back out straight. I had a front half from a 65 that has badly rusted floor pans that I cannibalized the cowl from and have it installed. I am in search of rear fenders and so far have had no luck. It came with 2 power packs, one I have installed and had running and the other will be repaired soon. I have taken a bunch of pictures and will post some soon.

Side note, I registered over on the G838 site on the 1st a Jan but so far haven't received a confirmation email. Any ideas what I need to do to get that activated?

Jusjofok

Vtdeuce,
Sorry I wasn't able to go over there and re-register last night. I tried to register again this evening and got a "that email is already in use" message.

Lindsay, glad I am not the only one!! :)

Jusjofok

Here are a couple pics of the A1... Wow she looks bad. The cowl has since been replaced with a straight one (including the RH front fender) and it looks much better. Anyone have any rear fenders?100_5108.jpg100_5111.jpg

progun

What is on the right fender? Siren? I have the bracket and holes for that on mine. Want to get rid of it? Let me know. Thanks

Jusjofok

Hey Progun, sorry it has taken so long for me to reply. That is a siren and it does work. I think I am going to hold onto it for a while though.

Recht71

I didn't think I could Fix my rear fenders the tops were pretty bad as well as the corners. It took alot of patience to tap the tops back . Just a couple pictures jeep 3 026.jpgjeep 3 001.jpgJeep Project 034.jpgJeep Project 038.jpgJeep Project 047.jpg