• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New accessory for my Mep 005a

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The gov cost on that thing is big bucks. Over 100k. Someone will pay for it. Some gov contractor doing work on gov gens that has to use gov contracted equipment to do it.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This page reads all the fans and controls are 28 VDC. Loads are variable resistive. Will measuring have the same effects as delivering? I get that sending 400 HZ into a house wouldn't work but it seems a [FONT=higoim+times-roman]resistive-reactive[/FONT] load should be okay for testing a 60HZ gen. Not saying it would work but thinking out loud. Might need to rig up a pretty potent transformer to power the controls and fans.
That page indicates its a resistive-reactive load bank. That means coils in addition to resistors. That means no go on 60hz without risking damage.

Jericho

Its an aircraft load bank, primarily used to test the Jet engine driven Generators , some went as high as 400 amp , all run at 28 volt 400 hrtz to my knowledge, It can also be used to load bank ground Support equipment , ie generators for aircraft running at 400 hrtz, Good example would be a dash 60 or the electrical on the E4 b (747 ) NECAP the dooms day 747 the president uses. It has HUGE power requirements as did the RC 135 series , EC 135 and the UC 135 stickle back radio relay series. One would have run the engines on the aircraft and the load bank was used to put a load on the systems to find a bad buss or a wonkey Generator , Run times were variable might have been an half hour or 3 hours depending on the write up from the flight crew. Out put was steady regardless of Engine RPM , it is kept at a constant by the CSD (constant speed drive, for example on 99 % of modern jets , which used a 3 D "wobbler Wheel " to keep rpm out put stable at any rpm at idle 0r above , big exception was the F22 which paradoxicly is mostly 12 volt DC WHO KNEW A new one ran 100 to 200 K depending on the year and manufacturer, Nuclear Certified and some of the Missile stuff used on the Air Force Space Rocket programs is out of this world price wise.

csheath

Quite a few of those sold for next to nothing on GP. I will keep my eye out for one nearby. Wouldn't mind parting one out and using the rest for a wagon.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
28 volt is D.C. Only. Some smaller aircraft use 28 volts. Mid size and up aircraft run on 3 phase 400hz power. So the load bank does both. The 400 amp turbine 28v DC generators can be used to jump start the smaller aircraft that run on 28v.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks