• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New accomodation

kroctec

Hi Guys,

Haven't posted much for a while mostly as I have been away from home. Anyways I have just fitted an ex mil (British army) communications box on my Unimog 1450L DoKa, at 9 feet long it should be great for supporting 1 or 2 people for sleeping, eating etc. At the moment it is an empty canvas so there is plenty of work to be done.

It is wide enough to sleep across and I plan on having my bunk in the front above the cut out which gives clearance over the aux diesel tank (heating and generator supply), the generator (when I get around to fitting it) and the air con condensor. The box construction is a sandwich of aluminum sheets with insulating foam between.

best regards from Dave Gudmunsen

PS comments and questions welcomed

Attachments

Last edited:

kroctec

I live in a small settlement called Mellon Charles (about 40 houses) on the west coast of Scotland (Longitude 5.6345º east: Latitude 57.8600º north). The Unimog was photographed at Wastwater in the English Lake District (UK National Park)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks