• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New acquisition: M35A3

HDN

So after a road test and waiting for the title to clear, I finally bought a M35A3 I've been eyeing for awhile. It's a 1994, S/N 500246.

I was told it was auctioned off from Fort Drum in 2009 to the previous-previous owner, then bought by the previous owner a couple months later, then it mostly sat for nearly 10 years.

Remarkably, everything on the truck still works except for the CTIS. There's been no major deterioration of the wiring harness, and there are no leaks. The CTIS controller is non-functional, though.

After lubing up the gas pedal and warming up the tranny, it started to work through the gears. One of the first things I plan on doing is replacing the motor oil in the tranny with Dexron III. Engine oil will also be changed.

All the driver-side tires will lose air over a day and a half, plus the driver-side tandem tires are on backwards with tread facing the wrong way. Over the winter I plan on pulling those rims apart and replacing the seals. For now I plan to keep the CTIS components and intend to make them functional again.

Anyway here are some pictures, including an olive drab Cat motor!

20190919_124505.jpg50414.jpg50410.jpg50409.jpg

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice ride . Is that one of Bob B's MV's ? Has the compressor relief valve upgrade been done , if not I may still have a kit out in the barn .

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes , there should be a tee on the copper line coming from the compressor head , one side of the tee holds the copper air line , the other should have a relief valve in it ,. Simple fix , keeps your air system from damage if the pressure gets to high . let me know and I will check for the parts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks