• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Acquisition M998

Jonesy

Figured I'd post my new acquisition, as I've just been lurking up until now.

It's a 1990 M998 that I picked up to use as an advertising tool for my Paintball & Airsoft business.

The gentleman I bought it from, a local police officer, did some digging and found that it was used as an MP vehicle, and took steps to recreate the original markings and paint. Although with the paint, he used a satin finish. Gotta say, I kinda like it.

It's road titled, and as of ten minutes ago, insured through Safeco. ( After the other three insurers I use for auto and business turned me down, I might note. Progressive, Geico, and AMFAM. )

Unfortunately, for the purposes I have in mind, it will need to be painted. I'm also hoping to add a hard top, and turret assembly.

Not pictured, the troop carrier conversion was also included. Thinking I might mock it up with that until I source a roof and turret.
Tan1.jpgTan2.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very Nice!

I noticed it has the armour grill. I was thinking of doing the same as I have access to one and wandering what temp does yours run idle/city? Some folks have said the armour grill adds 10` because of the reduced air flow and I am trying to get some real world feedback?

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, hobby, friendships, and events to come. They don't come much cleaner tidier and smartly painted than your truck. Great pictures.

Awol

Man, that is a really nice rig!

I don't think I could bring myself to paint it.