• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New and need advice/info il.

hi guy/gals i am new.
i know that i would like a M35A2:drool:!!
But i need advice on the best place to buy one.
i also need to learn how to operate one of the trucks
i am also new to forums/threads!
any help would be very greatly appreceated

Last edited:

scooter01922

Well, best thing to do is read this forum....all of it :) you read the entire deuce section and you will be able to answer any and all questions you could ever have. In all seriousness, just cruise around a bit and you will learn a lot. The search function is your best friend here. Welcome to the BEST forum for MV info to be found.

Last edited:

roscoe

:ditto:Welcome. Take your time and look around on here. You will learn a lot and be better able to determine what route you want to go and what features you want in a mv. Thats what I did and come Monday I'll have three. The hard part is stopping.

roscoe

Check the classafieds on here. I've seen some nice ones at reasonalble prices. I'm sure you'll be getting some prospects comming to you soon. Lot of variations in the deuce, make sure you do your homework:-D

hughscpa

I'm glad to see the OD fever has another IL victim. This site has helped me many times and the people are great. Read, take pictures and ask questions.:-D

tm america

classifieds on here or maybe ebay or craigslist.gl can be scary to say the least.go to the tech manuals and read the operators manual .then look through the parts and service manuals so you have an idea of how the are put together.

WPNS421

I have bought 2 trucks from Eastern Surplus and Dave was a big help. They have a large selection and they can prepare the truck. They can perform a complete preventive maintenance on the truck i.e. change all oils, new belts new upper lower rad hoses etc. They are good people. But be prepared!!! the cost can be from $5000 to $7500 for the truck. If you are new to the hobby and are not really mechanically inclined going with a good dealer is a good bet. Check out the For Sale forum on the site. As to driving it, very easy if you can drive a stick. A word of caution buy a good set of ear defenders, because those whistler diesels can be very loud when driving. Good luck on you search.:-D:-D

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My suggestion is to buy from a member unless you have thoroughly checked out the vehicle if buying from GL, CL, or egay. If you do check out the vehicle, you will want to take photos so what is there today is there when you pick it up. Midnight requisitioning is rampant on vehicles sold through GL.

I would also check the frame serial number against the data plate and against the title/registration. If the frame doesn't match the title ensure it is corrected prior to buying.

PorscheTech911

Glendale Heights IL here, i dont have a deuce yet either, im a deisel mechanic from universal technical institute. So if you need some help with a recovery lemme know! text or call and leave a message at 816-588-6932

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks