• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Arduino-based FMTV CTIS controller ROCKS!

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CID are the 3 air valves on the CTIS system:
C = Control: it's needed to close the quick release valves and get the system under pressure
I = Inflate: opens the inflate valve to rise the pressure
D = Deflate: opens the deflate valve to lower the pressure.

I show it on the display to check the status of the ECU, to know what's going on...

Christian

Sorry have not been able to fix video orientation quite yet.

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With this controller, is it able to control individual axle pressures?
No, it's not possible because the entire pneumatic system is not able to check ad fill / deflate per axle. And there is only 1 pressure transducer for the entire system.
Christian

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got one of the first batch and is still working great.
Thank you sir! :) I'm happy that it works as expected. Mine also works now for 2 years without problems. Sometimes if I go over 1500 m sea level the wet tank sensor does not close and the CTIS thinks there's not enough pressure in the tank. Solution is to deactivate the wet tank pressure check by pressing back / forward button together.

Christian

Ryan31783

I don't think so, but why would you want to?
one axle weighs in at 11k, the other 2 are at 16k, it would have been nice to have the rear inflate higher than the front
No, it's not possible because the entire pneumatic system is not able to check ad fill / deflate per axle. And there is only 1 pressure transducer for the entire system.
Christian
Ok, thank you

spankybear

If you want to use a connector that will plug into the CTIS connector there are some on the big "e" auction site. Just look up
451-00AC16-26P-50

Reworked LMTV

one axle weighs in at 11k, the other 2 are at 16k, it would have been nice to have the rear inflate higher than the front

Ok, thank you
Hmmm I wonder about handling characteristics, operating at different pressures. It would be an interesting experiment though.

Reworked LMTV

Well, I think I figured out (at least in part) why my rear 4 tires don't dump air. This fitting shows that the 3/8" 3 way T was ripped off the inside of the passenger side frame rail. How that happened, I have no idea. New bulk head fitting ordered through Amazon.

Attachments

coachgeo

different pressures in axles would NOT be good for transmission in AWD. Different pressures would mean different ratios in each axle due to different tire diameters. wellll...... maybe???

as you mention each end of truck is heavier.... if the heaviest end squats tires on that axle more than other axle result is... your actually at different diameters even if same air pressure. so might well be individual control per axle used to produce same tire diameters front and rear.... might actually be better... hmmmm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks