• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Arrival

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks great!! Nice rig. :beer:

Now, we need to see some shots of it in action!

Gamagoat1

Believe it or not, this was on E-Bay. Paid 11,000. They usually range from about 18 to 27,000. This has 231 hrs on the 250 Cummins and 18,000 miles.
The shipping from Mass. to Colorado wasn't as friendly.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, you only paid $11K for that?

*clinto sits down next to CGarbee, also turns green*

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well come on man, spill the beans…. rofl We want to hear the shipping story!

And your MVPA # is 171? Man, you are one of the original members, hunh?

Gamagoat1

Yea, I'm old man. Just ask my wife. Of course with the new truck I wont have to worry about having a wife any more.
I wanted to drive it home but a trip from Spencer Mass to Elizabeth Colorado (1900 miles) was a bit more than the truck, ( or me) should be subjected to. Once It arrived and I checked it out, I think it would have handled it fine.( The truck)
It cost me 4500 to ship. Still in shock but I'm still under the usual 18,000 price tag.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one great looking rig! :drool: If I had known ,I would have offered to drive it out to you to save on shipping (Sorry, Smiles not working) ! That thing makes the Deuce seem like a midsize if not a compact vehicle! I don't know how I'm going to tell the wife after two Deuces, that I now "need" 5 ton wrecker! Ahhh?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
nice wrecker,
dh, tell her that you need a wrecker to bring home one of the deuces, if you have failure that makes the truck not flat towable, that was my line for trying to get a second wrecker (m62a1 that id found for a goog price), told her that i needed it incase the m819 went down, i got the ok but never brought the m62

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was my excuse for having two Deuces. Also the excuse for buying a tow bar setup! I may be able to explain to her the need to boom tow if the tow bar can't get it home, but I doubt it. She would probably use that reverse psychology on me an make me believe that if i sold the 2 Deuces, I could just get a 5 ton wrecker instead! (2.5ton plus 2.5 ton equals 5 ton? I don't know ????)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gamagoat1 said:
Be radical like me, don't tell her. When it gets there and she starts moving out help her pack... (Just kidding)
rofl :cookoo:

Knucklehead

That truck was next town over from me, he kept it in Charlton,MA. The fellow had it for sale for quite a while and would not budge on $20k. You got a really sweet truck, and a super deal. I took it out for a test drive and it ran very well. Best of luck with it.

Gamagoat1

Thank You! He had it on E-Bay and wanted 13. I missed the Auction, his highest bid was 7 something. When I called to see if he still had it, he let it go for 11. I've still got blisters on my check writer.It is a honey though. Only thing that didn't work was the horn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks