• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Axle Kits... Feedback?

devilman96

I have had a lot of request from guys looking for "axle kits" for their trucks to simplify ordering parts... I sat down today and built two kits one basic and one complete for front axle "soft parts" which is basically seals and the likes...

If you guys have any feed back on these or think something needs to be added or taken away post away and we will see where it leads.

Basic Kit http://odiron.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_48&products_id=625

Complete Kit http://odiron.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=4_48&products_id=624

Attachments

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
how about flange gaskets?? i know everyone likes to use a couple tubes of blue goo, but clean dry surfaces with a new gasket will not leak.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A good refernce for this sort of stuff is the Service Kits section in the back of the 24P, under group 94 , August 2006 edition for the deuce.. The service kits are pretty well stocked for the job your doing. Any parts that need to be changed out, seals, gaskets, lockwashers, ect are in the kits.. Might be good idea to offer the "complete kit" and sperate pieces depending on the customers needs..

devilman96

Hummm... Really good suggestions! E22... I forgot about the Mil kits and that proably would be the way to go with things like this!

About gaskets... I finally have a long enough list to go to a manufacture and get new production stuff ran off in small lots. I have had a lot of request for new winch gaskets and the likes so I've got a pretty good pile going... Be looking for that stuff in the near future!

Thanks for the imput guys!

jasonjc

So are you saying I need to hold off a little bit longer on puting my whinch back together???????????????????

devilman96

MV Supplier terminology as interpreted by myself...

A few days... Under 3 weeks
Near future... Under 3 months
Not so distant future.... 3-6 months
A while.... 6 months to one year
Forget it.... Over one year
Forever.... Which is usually followed by a "What in Sam's snot is wrong with these stupid manufactures?!?!?!?" as I slam the phone down... :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks