• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new batteries and no power mep-003a??

vmccutcheon

HELP new batteries and no power mep-003a??

I just purchased two mep-003a's on a trailer as a power plant. The inspection stated jumped both gens-one stayed running and one stalled out. One had power to the panel lights, would warm glows and prime, one had no power of any kind. Got them home and purchased 4 new 6tl batteries installed properly. Exactly as the old ones came out. Excited to fire them up. NO POWER TO PANEL LIGHTS, NO GLOW PLUG WARM UP, AND NO PRIMING ACTIONS AT ALL. What am I missing????? I really need feedback for I'm new at this gen ownership.

Last edited:

MtnSnow

Make sure the "EPO" button is in the correct position. (the button that is on the left side of the gauge panel next to the master switch)

Chainbreaker

1. Double check that the actual battery leads are connected correctly to the starter and gnd as compared to the one that is running. Make sure those connections are tight.

2. Verify that all the gnd straps are in place, tight and not corroded (intermittent connection). Especially the one on the rear bottom of the control box that gnds the control box to frame.

3. Take a flat blade screwdriver and back out the 3 panel retainers on the control box panel and open up (it hinges downward). Are all components in place (no dangling wires) and are all the wire termination screws tight (disconnect your batteries if poking around with screwdriver). Pay particular attention to your Master Switch labled "S1" on inside of front panel.

4. Make sure you download the Technical Manuals and get familiar with them so you begin to learn where things are located and their function.

Last edited: