• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Batteries

JRBAMATEX

Is there any reason why I shouldn't replace my 6TL's with normal 1000 Cranking amp Duralast batts? Biggest batts that Autozone had. My 6TL's are done.

Thanks,

dmetalmiki

well apart from the "looks"...(and (just) WHO looks in the battery case any waze!...with 5 trucks I have ANY and EVERY battery in them! mostly from our local car scrap(breaker) yard!!...obviouslt NO silly lill ones...but any diesel car batts work fine.

bottleworks

I have two Walmarts in mine (plus a 3rd for 12VDC). No Issues. It's considered good to get two of the exact type that were manufactured approximately at the same time. 2cents

FSBruva

Ditto on the Walmart batteries... Mine have been used for 2 Michigan winters, always started easily no matter how cold, and with relatively short commute times. For $30 bucks apiece, they have earned their keep.

Matt

groundog

:driver: I use Walmart in my m-35 and group 31 in my m-813A1---but i live in Arizona and dont have to worry about cold weather starts the 6TL run 140.00 ea in Phx.

groundog

:driver: I use Walmart in my m-35 and group 31 in my m-813A1---but i live in Arizona and dont have to worry about cold weather starts the 6TL run 140.00 ea in Phx.

Armada

Extreme heat is one of the main killers of batteries too. I remember our (Delco) battery replacements were exceedingly higher in dry, hot regions like the southwest, Saudi, etc. It helps having the batteries located someplace other than in the engine compartment.

NEIOWA

Armada said:
Extreme heat is one of the main killers of batteries too. I remember our (Delco) battery replacements were exceedingly higher in dry, hot regions like the southwest, Saudi, etc. It helps having the batteries located someplace other than in the engine compartment.
There's a reason the local Exide plant has been running their 6TL line continuously since we deployed to Iraq. And it's not due to cold weather. I'm told there is a HUGE field of old 6TL sitting in Iraq.

Westech

CPL
we replace more batteries in the dead of summer then winter. heat kills more then cold. when its cold it just drops the amps, not that the batt is bad just ends up too weak to start but just let her warm up even with out a charge and shes back. But heat will mess up the inside and boil the heck out of it and dead short the plates.

Westech

CPL
we replace more batteries in the dead of summer then winter. heat kills more then cold. when its cold it just drops the amps, not that the batt is bad just ends up too weak to start but just let her warm up even with out a charge and shes back. But heat will mess up the inside and boil the heck out of it and dead short the plates.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor