• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Battery Pack

Darwin T

the batteries in one of my M35a2s died (6TL Military Batteries ). so the process starts. New batteries for my M109a3. the batteries in it go to my other M35a2. those batteries go to the one with the dead batteries. and everyone ends up with a plastic battery box. two of them had the plastic battery box to start with. one had a rusty metal battery box with big holes in the bottom.

Started with a new plastic battery box. Painted all the hardware with rattle can bed liner. next 2 optima battery tray adapters. then 2 Optima Blue Top Starting and Deep Cycle Batteries (Model 8016-103). the other Blue Top says it is just for starting. next BatteryMinder 24 Volt OnBoard Desulphator / Conditioner. top it off with a PriorityStart 24-Volt ProMax. mix well and poof a new top of the line battery pack.

:driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, I aspire to have a battery box like yours. Looks like you thought of everything. Good job man. [thumbzup][thumbzup]

3dAngus

Darwin, I like the way you do things. You come up with some good stuff and make a good read. Keep up the good work.

Darwin T

Where did you get the plastic boxes?
every day or two i make the internet rounds looking for parts on sale. with 3 deuces and an M1028 i have to get parts that i may need later or part for future projects that i have in mind a few at a time. i have had the box for 8 or 9 months and don't remember where i got it.

PsycoBob

I've used BatteryMINDer desulfators before- worked well, but I have no idea how fast, as I left my maintainers on all winter. :)

On a related note, if you need more space in a plastic box, you can flip all the bolts so the head's to the inside. My box had the bottom completely rot out & the group31's in there wouldn't fit without flipping bolts and a shoehorn.

3 group 27 batteries will fit in a plastic box, if anyone decides to put 12v in. Give your local interstate/exide shop a visit for blemished batteries- I was quoted $44 each for dual-purpose marine 27's.

Darwin T

with the batteryminder onboard unit you can use a batteryminder maintainer by just pluging it into the waterproof connection on the onboard unit and don't have to use the clips. it is made to work while the truck is running and not drain it when it is not. they come in 12, 24, 36 and 24 aircraft voltages.

i am going to add a solargizer when i get my M-66 ring mount and fiberglass top installed to keep it topped off.

Darwin T

I finally had to get into the battery box. So i took some pictures of the finished box. Last time the Closer I go to the finish the fewer pictures I took and i forgot to take a picture before i buttoned it up.

Ikes New Batteries 9.jpgIkes New Batteries 10.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks