• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new bumper on my 1009

JohnFire

Nice, I really like the look of that one. What is the brand? I am hoping to be able to make my own channel bumper when I get home since U have been learning how to weld I figured a bumper would be a good project. Did you have to do much modifications to the bumper for the front eyes?

ASTFU

I took the bumper off an 83 civi 3/4 ton it originally came from vip. It was pretty simple to locate the rings I just came off the front bumper mounts and marked and cut from the inside.The blackouts just fit and looked right where I put them.I have the matching rear to the front but its a 10 inch drop I dont think I am going to use but you never know.Thom

Mike_Pop

Thom,

That looks really good! Great for when you have to change the injector pump out. If you can't figure out how to mount your rear bumper, try fitting an M1008 bumper to the M1009. I've done two of them and they look great. If you decide to do so, let me know and I will email you instructions and photos. It's kind of tricky since I had to figure it out on my own. It's also a little beefier than the stock bumper. I don't worry when I tow a trailer.

Attachments

AJMBLAZER

Yeah, I was going to say, looks like a Warn bumper.

Don't forget to regear if you go with bigger tires. The 3.08's are marginal with the stock 31's.

mangus580

Buddy of mine has that bumper on his mid 70's Ford.... always hated it.

LOVE It on the 1009! It looks like it belongs there. Can you remove the winch access panel with the brush guard there?

ASTFU

4 bolts is all it takes to remove the brush guard to get to the winch i have an 8000lb ramsey to put in,I plan on reinforcing the bumper on the ends with angle iron back to the original mount holes in the frame,that should take care of the weakness issue.

mangus580

ASTFU said:
4 bolts is all it takes to remove the brush guard to get to the winch i have an 8000lb ramsey to put in,I plan on reinforcing the bumper on the ends with angle iron back to the original mount holes in the frame,that should take care of the weakness issue.
On my buddy's you need to remove that cover in order to access the winch for the engage lever.

ASTFU

Added the lift last weekend.

added a 4 inch lift i pulled from a 3/4 ton,new hd tie rod ends and a pair of steering dampers. 2 driving lights and a interior light which is great.always busy :D NO SNOW

Attachments