• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Cargo Bed Top Installed, Pics.

Carter

Had this NOS top for years and now that I have a 12' garage door thought it was time to put the bows and top on. My friend George and I installed the bows then the top in about an hour after having some difficulty forming the heavy canvas to conform to the bow corners. After I gave the truck a bath decided to put a dust cover over it to keep it looking good. Love the smell of new GI canvas.

Attachments

Carter

Thank you very much bigbe and Bob, I have owned it for over 30 years and what you see is the result of a complete restoration and have had a lot of good luck with it. :)

Bill W

Very Nice [thumbzup]

Back when I had my 37 I only had a garage with (barely) 7' overhead so I had wood on the side rails cut shorter so it would fit in my garage...Now I have a garage/barn big enough to hold my deuce :D

P.S. How you been Carter

Attachments

Last edited:

Carter

Hey Bill, how have you been? I never noticed your M's wood was cut, good idea, when I was in my other shop 7' was also what clearance the door provided and I just kept the bed top off but in the new building I have loads of room and have the CO's OK for a lift install so tall was the order of the day.

Attachments

Carter

Gunter, Thanks for the compliment, I do like the look of the M with the bed cover installed, just looks more military that way I believe.

Hello Woodsman, one day when I was hauling stumps to the dump at a local Army base as part of a contract landscaping job my company was doing I saw the parachute in a box of trash someone had thrown away and saved it from being burned, it makes a perfect dust cover for any vehicle.

Hey Bruce, how are you and how is the OD Goddess coming along?

GUNNY 155

Looks great. BTW the picture of your truck with the Ipay wood was the deciding factor for the wood on my truck. I used 5/4 X 4 oak wood and finished it with stain and satin marine polyurethane.