• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New center console

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did a center console, 12 volt power for the CB and USB port, also have a quick disconnect in case I have to remove the center cover

Attachments

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The top of the console is neoprene rubber, unless i'm really off road, the phone stays in place, plus easy clean ups

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well thought out and well executed. Looks like wood dowels and crown molding.

Gives me inspiration to make my own. Thanks!

T

LouWon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So yes, the shelf is wood as well as the molding
Got the neoprene and stainless cup holders from ebay
As for the mounting , everything is from HD
I made a template out cardboard, then cut the top shelf
On the bottom of the engine cover, you have two rivets holding the body washer that support the insulation
I remove the rivets and re drilled to fit a 3/8 threaded rod, added nut on the under washer and top and got a aluminium pipe to cover the threaded rod
For the top shelf , not certain about the name, but it's a wood nut, you drill a hole and hammer the nut into the wood, for a flush fit, then cover with the neoprene
as for the front of the shelf, I put in a few screws from the insulation side of the cover and used hot glue to fill in the gap between the shelf and cover
also added a switch for the CB and a marine type 12 V USB and lighter outlet and a quick disconnect in case I have to access the engine
All in all this is a low cost project, probably under $60.00, plus some left over paint

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks