• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Crewcab Idea

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need one of you nice M939 series owning gents to stroll over to the motorpool and tilt the nose fwd and measure the outside cab width across the firewall. That measurement could sure help prove/disprove my theory.

Dave08

In general response to treeguy; the 800 series 5 ton primarily looks a lot like the M35 but is the 5 ton version; cargo variant is the M813. The 900 series is also a 5 ton and has an automatic tranny in it and the cargo variant is the M923. The 900 series 5 ton has the big square looking front cab. I hope this helps you.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did some cursory measurements on the back of the deuce cab and came up with a measurement of just over 70". Projecting the cab back just a few inches will get it to thee 73" on the front of the 939 series cab. Looks like my brainstorm will work very nicely.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just expelling brainpower here. Someone else can do the mfg. Does sound intriguing though.

Atomic

So, if it works what will be your fee for the idea? 100 gals WMO, free recovery at the GA rally, free steak dinner, hmmmm. I would think on this also........ :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks