• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Dash Layout in the works……

coachgeo

this one is hidden on the internet. I honestly cant find it anymore*. Conversion happened in OH loooooooooonnnnnnnggg ago.

*found it via reverse image search

Attachments

Last edited:

ramdough

I have operated a few pieces of equipment with filter-minder gauges over the years. I have never fouled an air filter bad enough to ever activate one:)
I thought about removing it, but then I realized that the lower center hole is not really visible. If I cut a new panel ever again, I would skip that hole. For that reason, I am leaving it in the almost useless hole.

ramdough

Got my fording switch wired into my AC harness.

I won’t get all of my switches wired for a while, but I wanted to paint my new dash while everything was apart, so I inserted the switches where they go. Next task is to get the truck mobile again.

curious thing I found. P912 and J913 were unplugged and taped off. Is that normal? Why would they be loose like that in a dash?

CE5510A1-0395-44D4-83D7-0ACD91F3A676.jpeg

Plasa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for my ignorance, what should be connected to P912 and J913? Maybe spare?

muddiver

thanks all! unfortunately the CNC plasma table was not perfect, so I will be filing every hole to make it all fit. I was close, but Murphy bit me.

I am still trying to decide what two gauges I plan to add.

I had planned on an extra fuel gauge for a secondary tank and maybe an EGT or transmission temperature.

anyone have any opinions?
Changing from a plasma to a laser to cut the panel that will give you a lot sharper and cleaner edges. But some shops require a little bit more money to do that.

ramdough

Well, installed my dimmer switch.
F4FF8DB3-BCDD-4E00-8007-83F3421C616F.jpeg

I have a slight interference on the new dash switches with some sheet metal. I clear the frame that the dash mounts to, but the sheet metal of the cab behind that ring is interfering. It isa minor trim, just going to take time to pull it back apart and correct.

coachgeo

Well, installed my dimmer switch.
View attachment 878717

I have a slight interference on the new dash switches with some sheet metal. I clear the frame that the dash mounts to, but the sheet metal of the cab behind that ring is interfering. It isa minor trim, just going to take time to pull it back apart and correct.
where is the camera looking? underside/backside of?? how do you reach that?

coachgeo

I can reach it if I need to, but I don’t see myself adjusting it unless I am really in a dark place and need all of my night sight.
that works. OEM spot is in a bad location anyway. When you operate things beside it (light switch I think?) My hand would rub/turn it without my knowing it and after awhile wonder "hey... what broke??. why dont I have dash lights anymore??" Took me a while to figure it out. Others have reported same issue so Im only half stupid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks