• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New dash pad.

corvette9

New dash pad. Anybody know how well they fit?

Anybody try the A/M dash pads from LMC or Brothers? I have one coming from Brothers and can't find any info good or bad. I'm not expecting perfect but it dose need to fit decent. There are some USA made ones that cost more. I'll pay more for a proper fit. I thought I would try this one first. Any insite as to quality and fit would be great.

I tried to search and just find posts from years ago. Most resto parts have been better in the last few years.

Brian G.

Last edited:

cucvrus

I put a few of the Brothers ones in. They are not as OEM as I expected. The dash underside is made of several pieces of metal unlike the OEM that were 1 piece. The corners where the cluster face mounts are thin and poorly attached. The insulation on the back side needs to be ground down with the 2" Roloc grinder so it fits.(It is to thick and uneven. Sorry to be a whiner about the dash pad but I was not impressed and bought a couple of them. They are OK and will do the job and with your talent you will be able to make it fit, just be patient. It is not a direct fit. I told Brothers the same thing when I ordered the third one. But it is all I can get now. I had 1 new GM one till about a month ago. I put that 1 in that Blazer I was working on. I saw someone paid $1800. for a new GM one on the famous auction site. Have a nice day. Good luck with your projects.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny I got a Nos dash pad gray from a auto parts dealer a few years ago for only 120 bucks he had 3 at the time.... wish I brought them all :(

dependable

I got one (I think) from LMC years ago(around $300). It only fit OK and the foam outgassed with a chemical smell for a long time, actually fogged the windshield. After that experience, I have just bought the dash pad covers (around $100) and glued them on to the old pad. This works and fits fine unless your old dash pad is very deteriorated.

cucvrus

I used one of them LMC $100. covers on a M1009 unit I rebuilt in July 2013. By April 2015 it was cracked and warped from the dash. I have just stretched material over the old dash pads and had a few dash pad covers made up at a local Amish quilt shop to use as covers. I gave them a duffle bag full of old fatigues to use as the material. They both worked fine. Not show room looking but better then holes and cracks and at a fraction of the cost and hassle. I will post pictures. You know I will. Have a nice day.

corvette9

A cover will not work on this one. Way to far gone. I'll take the time to fit everything before I put color on it. If I don't like it I'll try a US made one. There about 300.00.

IMG_7264.jpg

cucvrus

Grind it fill it and sand it repaint it and install it. I think Ronco made a kit for $19.99 that you could fix that dash cover. And if you act now you will get 2 for $19.99 + S&H. just use the iron on grain pattern and you can have that dash pad in show room condition in 1/2 and hour.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My dash pad is in pretty good shape except for one bad crack. What kind of goop
can I get to fill the crack that wont look too bad?
thanks for any tips on how to do this.

scottladdy

Grind it fill it and sand it repaint it and install it. I think Ronco made a kit for $19.99 that you could fix that dash cover. And if you act now you will get 2 for $19.99 + S&H. just use the iron on grain pattern and you can have that dash pad in show room condition in 1/2 and hour.

:funny:

Breaker

I've been looking at the one from usa1industries. Seems pretty good, they also have some rattle can paint that's supposed to be a match for our maroon interior.

Haven't really heard of anyone buying one from them so I've been holding off for a bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks