• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new deuce, ID #, kaiser jeep,

kx250m1

I went and looked at the deuce I bought on GL, and have a couple questions.

the I.D. # is 048-96870-0525-11265, can anyone tell me the year, or any other info.
also it seemed to run great, it started up with about 5 seconds of cranking, in 30 degree weather, brakes work, all gauges went to normal, except oil pressure seemed a little low, but my question is what is the oil pressure supposed to be. at idle it is just under 30 and at 2000 rpm it is 35, hard to tell, as it has a gauge that goes to 120psi, just wondering if this is normal, as I have seen a lot of others with 60-90 range for oil pressure. should I just get an oil pressure gauge that goes to 60 so it is right in the middle just to make myself feel better and not worry about, let me know what you think,
thanks,
kyle

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Year of your deuce is 1970. The oil pressure is good at 30psi, normal for me is anywhere from 30 - 45 psi. Sometimes when I'm moving real good the gauge gets up to 75 or so. I'd leave the stock oil gauge in it. It works fine...