• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Maiden Voyage..

ageregunner

Back in September I acquired a 1971 AM General M35A2C w/w. For the next two months I studied the manuals, gained loads of information from SS, did a pretty thorough PM, and added a few accessories to the truck. Feeling ready, I applied for a PA antique plate, and purchased insurance. Today, accompanied by my brother who is a diesel truck mechanic, we took her out on her first voyage. We did a 50 mile round trip to a good friends house, who also is a member of this site. I drove up and my brother drove back. The route was mostly rural and put the truck through it's paces with highway, and two lane roads and lots of hills. The truck performed superbly and completely addicted my brother and I to the great hobby we have with military vehicle collecting and preservation. Attached are a couple of photos of the truck and my buddy's 5 ton. Many thanks to all the SS members, who I have learned so much from.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They are great trucks aren't they? I can be in the foulest mood, go for a drive in the deuce and be a happy camper in no time.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your Deuce looks almost identical to mine! Nice looking rig and good news on the first trip.

SignalNco

Great looking deuce! I just got mine home 2 weekends ago and am in the process of going over everything. These guys are right on here, it is an addicting hobby.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It starts with one and before you know it you have gone through a dozen or so..

Welcome to the OD Green Looney Bin.

FloridaAKM

Welcome to the Green Iron Laughing Academy, very nice looking truck; seems you got her all fixed up before wringing her out. You have good patience to do that. Your brother has a 5 ton, the question is who will buy the new piece of Green Iron?

SignalNco

Wow, maybe I'm lucky?? My wife actually encouraged me to buy my Deuce. When I said I might wait and and look around some more she said I was stupid if I didn't get it. Am I missing something here??

tobyS

That's a great looking truck! I want an A3 but they go for big $$$. Are those lockouts on the front? Have fun.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Super nice looking deuce and an even better story. It's delightful to see someone willing to invest the time to absorb as much info as they can before pressing these trucks into service. Way too many just jump in and take off not knowing the simplest task then get mad when they come for help to turn the lights on and the membership points it out. From there they start a facebook hate page.....wait, I'm ramblin. Welcome to the hobby Sir.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks