• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce markings.....I had to

saddamsnightmare

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New deuce markings.....I had to

March 30th, 2008.

FJ ,Land Rover and Hummer recovery-
"You Break'em, we take 'em!"

Regards,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
""??"" Johnson Mfg.Co. M105A2 MERDC or NATO 4 color Woodland scheme 1-1/2 Ton Cargo Trailer OK NG
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S404.114 Mercedes Benz NATO Green. rofl

FreightTrain

Banned

ummm,Ok,what part of---"Hummers are slicked up chevy Tahoes with a crappy body or a slicked up neutered made for Civilian use Military type truck......." do you not understand?The H1 was NOT a hummer.It is a Humvee in a tuxido!Hummer is a brand name owned and produced by Garbage Maker.The Humvee is made by AM General(along with the H1 for garbage makers).So the H1 is not a Hummer but a Rebadged Humvee.

chuck500cc

Heck, I 'll pile on. I love to see the folks in an F350 pull on my drive and they have 22" rims and 50 series tires. I see it every day, a very good 4x4(insert brand) and it's merto'ed out. I never thought I would see the day where a big truck like that would be disabled by a pothole and the owner doesn't know where thier wheel lock is. :cookoo: :roll:

Chuck XD Fan

DMgunn

Great work BTW FreightTrain, and I agree with you 100% about the brand name, although I'm afraid the average guy on the street doesn't understand the distinction.

I say leave it as is, and if you ever actually need the assistance of an H1, you can explain your position at that time - and he will also agree with you 100%.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Woah, look at that! I guess the H1 is a Hummer! What part of "a picture is worth 1000 words" do you not understand. The H1 is a hummer, was a hummer and was the first hummer before the GM deal ever came about. Regardless of wether or not you want them to be Hummers, they are!

Attachments

ATC

Polverone said:
Here is what I did to a white hummer (in '95) that went to Germany. All paint - no vinyl.
Did anther one just like it for the Atlanta Olympics.
I'm 99% sure that Hummer was at our High School about 4-5 years ago. I remember some branch of the military (Army or Marines) were outside with some cool toys looking to recruit graduates. That Hummer was out there as well and we all got to sit inside it...Very nice work!

Bigmillman

I happen to like the H2 and H3.... The expression on the driver's face when my duece is screaming at the driver's door is priceless. I consider those wanna-be vehicals as soft squishy things I can use to slow down against at a red light, or for the heck of it. ( Darwin theory!) :driver:

ATC said:
I'm 99% sure that Hummer was at our High School about 4-5 years ago. I remember some branch of the military (Army or Marines) were outside with some cool toys looking to recruit graduates.
That could very well have been. I was told that a General had acquired it.

I did a total of 5 in that series theme. One became the media vehicle for the Paris-Dakar off road race. One went to San Diego, one to Reno. Lost track of the Atlanta Olympics one. cry: