• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce, no engine - $25.00

bigzirb

At that price I think I could afford 2 :smile:, and the neighbor wouldn't say anything about driving it in the yard. Still working on convincing my wife I need a (fullsize) Duece:-(...
I'll keep working on her and enjoy all the info on this site.

shenkmen

It is surprising that in this politically correct, anti-gun mentality era they are still producing toys with firearms attached.
It comes with a rocket launcher. These are made by Cobi and are marketed as compatible with Legos. Item number 2371. Amazon sells Cobi stuff. Seen them on Ebay too. I got mine at a local toy store.

Gotta run. I'm in the middle of teaching my four year old son about his new air over hydraulic brake system.

Cheers.

Attachments

agtblank

You should go visit the Lego Themepark in Günzburg, Germany. Funny how the lego phenomenon is such an American staple, but was designed and built in Europe.

On a side note, I think that this is the only truck that the USG will ship for me back to the states without charging me a huge oversized vehicle fee for overseas shipping. I do kinnda wish I bought an M35 before I came to Germany and sold it here... but oh well. I have my sights set on a WW2 jeep from here and bringing it back home. Actually, the Germans and Belgium's who have our jeeps that we just left here take very good care of them. I was at a parade and they had some collectors there and they were sooo happy to see the US military there. They gave rides to anyone who wanted them... while drinking schnapps, haha

oldMan99

For those interested in Lego....

The Cypress Garden Adventure Park that originally opened in 1936 (Well before Disney World) closed in 2009. The main attraction was the professional water ski shows and the hundreds of acres of botanical gardens. They also had assorted rides similar to a theme park, fair, carnival...

In October of 2011 it is scheduled to reopen as "Legoland Florida".

Cypress Gardens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Legoland Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also worth noting is an area of "Downtown Disney" (No admission fee required to park or enter) has a fairly large area of Lego display and activity center. The displays are pretty large animals built of Lego blocks, some are probably 8-10 feet in length and some 8-10 feet tall (This is a guess from memory, I have never actually measured them, but whatever the actual dimensions, they certainly qualify as "Large") The activity area has some (3 or 4?) large tables plied high with Lego blocks so kids (of all ages) can build whatever they like. I don't think there is a fee charged. Not sure if you get to keep your creation or not.

Just though some of you might find this interesting....

Bighurt

The displays are pretty large animals built of Lego blocks, some are probably 8-10 feet in length a
Takes a lot of brick to build something that large.

The large MOC (My Own Creation) I have in work, is a 500 TEU container ship. The CAD image is attached (non LEGO image). It' works out to 10'4" in length give or take.

Like I said I had just about 25k in pieces before I decided to go back and rebuild the vessel to include below the waterline features. I'm now collected the some 50k pieces to do the red portion of the hull.

It's a long process and the vessels namesack will be derived from my three boy's names, haven't figured how to go about just yet. I have some older images of the hull, but much of it's changing so I didn't see the need to post those here.

I think the important aspect is that this post was not so much about the toy but about spending time with ones children. While my children aren't nearly old enough to assist int he project, I'm hoping to spark their creativity so that they can have their own projects weather they be LEGO, MV, carpentry or whatever.

To the OP, spend as much time with them while they are little as teenagers are nearly impossible to motivate. I say that not as a father but as a supervisor of young impressionable airmen that at times appear worthless because their parents did nothing...

Attachments

Last edited:

shenkmen

My son got another Deuce and a Jeep (lego, item number 7595) on his birthday. The boy is now beating me 3 to 1 on MV's. At least his leak less.

I need to step it up.

fcdrifter13

Takes a lot of brick to build something that large.

The large MOC (My Own Creation) I have in work, is a 500 TEU container ship. The CAD image is attached (non LEGO image). It' works out to 10'4" in length give or take.

Like I said I had just about 25k in pieces before I decided to go back and rebuild the vessel to include below the waterline features. I'm now collected the some 50k pieces to do the red portion of the hull.

It's a long process and the vessels namesack will be derived from my three boy's names, haven't figured how to go about just yet. I have some older images of the hull, but much of it's changing so I didn't see the need to post those here.

I think the important aspect is that this post was not so much about the toy but about spending time with ones children. While my children aren't nearly old enough to assist int he project, I'm hoping to spark their creativity so that they can have their own projects weather they be LEGO, MV, carpentry or whatever.

To the OP, spend as much time with them while they are little as teenagers are nearly impossible to motivate. I say that not as a father but as a supervisor of young impressionable airmen that at times appear worthless because their parents did nothing...

A friend of mine used to work for lego is name was alan markice a moderator on rx7club. Sadly he passed away. I used to chat him up alit about everything and he was full of info. I still have all mine from when i was a kid. I break them out every bit and build some things.

Bighurt

My son got another Deuce and a Jeep (lego, item number 7595) on his birthday. The boy is now beating me 3 to 1 on MV's. At least his leak less.

I need to step it up.
I've been buying those 7595-1 and parting them out for the people parts. IE I keep the trousers shirt and hat, and sell off the rest.

Great set but I can't stand the green heads, but I suppose that's what they are emulating.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man, too bad the toys-r-us was flooded not too long ago.... i would definately go in there and see if they have one! some of the proces on the "technic" legos with the gears are expensive! i could definately swing $25 for that though!

shenkmen

Update: One year later and the EUC finally cleared. The truck became a picking ground in the past 12 months. No winch, cargo cover, spare tire, jerry can, etc... you get the idea - see first pic.

GL cut us a deal we could not refuse.

Per wreckerman's earlier advice on this thread my son and I figured the best route was to customize it - see second pic.

Attachments

Vondy

Nice!, My boys have one. Looked like the first pic for about 5 hours. Now it is up on blocks just like this one. Funny how real life relates to toys!!

shenkmen

Nice!, My boys have one. Looked like the first pic for about 5 hours. Now it is up on blocks just like this one. Funny how real life relates to toys!!
Yeah, the axles on the Cobi brand blocks are junk. My son ended up with two of the deuces. He instinctively made one a parts truck and rebuilt the other. Love it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks