• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner from NC

kc4wd

Hey all. Been lurking here for a while getting info.... Just brought home my 1970 M35A2, WO/W, D Turbo, 24ooo miles. Has a few small issues, like cracked passenger glass. leaking axle seal....nothing real major. I am familiar with the Rockwell axles from building rock crawlers from them. I have downloaded the manuals from here. Looking foward to this project and maybe a rally or two. Maybe I can meet some of y'all in the near future.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very clean truck, not a lot of work required to make pristine! Should have no problem bringing it to the GA Rally. Welcome from FL.

im lovein that Deuce Good lookin ride Names john i dont own a big truck like that but i have 2 M1008s Welcome To Steel Soldiers and Always good to See another NC member :]what part of NC are u in im down here around Jacksonville NC Home OF Camplejeune ;)

kc4wd

Thanks for the comments guys.... I'm in the Asheboro area. The truck looks good in the pictures but not pristine by any means. There is a couple spots of rust in the cab that should be simple to fix and alot more in the bed. New paint covers alot. All in all the truck is solid. Rebuild date was 9/87

3dAngus

Very nice truck. Looks really clean. Just need some stars for the doors and it will "top it off".

Congrats and welcome from Ga.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey all. Been lurking here for a while getting info.... Just brought home my 1970 M35A2, WO/W, D Turbo, 24ooo miles. Has a few small issues, like cracked passenger glass. leaking axle seal....nothing real major. I am familiar with the Rockwell axles from building rock crawlers from them. I have downloaded the manuals from here. Looking foward to this project and maybe a rally or two. Maybe I can meet some of y'all in the near future.

Thank you, wish more new owners did this, instead of asking "WHAT IS THE RED BUTTON FOR", with starting out like this, there is no doubt that you will a asset to the MV community, enjoy getting the most out of your truck

ctmustang

NIce looking truck you have there. I'm right down the road in Trinity which is beside Thomasville. You'll have to convoy down to the GA. rally in october with us. If you need any help dont hesitate.

CT:beer:

nk14zp

Thank you, wish more new owners did this, instead of asking "WHAT IS THE RED BUTTON FOR", with starting out like this, there is no doubt that you will a asset to the MV community, enjoy getting the most out of your truck
:ditto: Welcome to the madness. I hope you know most of us can't stop with just one truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard and nice ride. I agree with the others, you need to make the pilgrimage to the GA Rally in Oct with or without truck. You will get the chance to meet the world famous and well worn Wreckerman893 and his handler Elmo! Substanial fun to be had in a family friendly environment.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome. Nice to see others fairly close by. If you can go we`ll have a nice convoy going to the SSGa rally in October. Hope we get to meet soon. Hollar if you need help. This site is full of great people , You can find out most of your stuff by using the search feature here.

Neil

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the party KC and that is good looking A2, I have two 71s of the same truck yours looks great BUT like somebody mentioned earlier You will NEVER be happy with just one, I am looking to get my third but this one going to be a 5 ton, time for something new! Good luck and welcome from ND
KK