• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New deuce owner in central GA. Need help.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Hi all,
Well as stated in title i am a proud new owner of a 1987 M35A2C and also a new member to this awsome site, lots of really good info and seemingly good people. anyways the truck is an '87 with 8,600 miles and 340 hrs on the clock, has 5 new tires, a spare, 2 tool kits, 3 reflective triangles, and a broken pallet in the back. I'm 26, married (she's 25), no kids, 2 dogs and now that we have added the deuce to our family, 10 vehicles (8 of which run:-D). Now i hope somebody can help. i bought the truck off GL and it did not come with a SF-97 so i'm having trouble getting a tag for it. the tag office said to get a "bond for title" from an insurance company but every one i've called said that the vin for the truck is incorrect, missing a #. so if anyone knows what i need to do it would be very much appreciated. oh 1 more thing, i am definately going to try to make it to the Ga rally, that sounds like a blast.

poppop

You can verifiy the vin by checking the numbers stamped into the frame rail behind the steering box. I used a torch to burn the many layers of paint off mine to see the number. Even with a 97 my DMV requires a form T-22-B to get a tag. This is a form any police officer can fill out to verify the vin. I have several older MV's that do not have the standard 17 digit vins. The T-22-B satisfied both DMV and my insurance company.

scrapman

A SF-97 does not come with the sale of the truck. It is a separate form altogether. When you log onto GL in the red bar 5th block from the left is the "Forms" button, click on it. The screen that shows now is the same one you used to get your EUC, SF-97 is right under "EUC". Click on SF-97 and fill it out + another $60 and in about 2-3 weeks you will paperwork to fill out for a title, fill it, send it, & 2 more weeks you have a Florida title which will most helpful if you ever move or sell across state lines. If you & the truck are going to remain in Ga. happily everafter, listen to & ask questions of the members there for they know what Ga. alone really requires. The method I have described here will cover all states in both resales & registrations. A number of states have exemptions & do not require titles & others want the lineage of the truck back to the iron ore it was made of. BTW, Welcome to the site & enjoy the toy.:smile:

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
the only issue I had registering my truck is that you have to have insurance to get a registration (in GA) and most insurance companies have no idea what to do with a deuce until they see its registration (or title) since I had not title it became a catch 22.
Gulfway insurance of florida was very helpful getting me over this little hurdle.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
You can verifiy the vin by checking the numbers stamped into the frame rail behind the steering box. I used a torch to burn the many layers of paint off mine to see the number. Even with a 97 my DMV requires a form T-22-B to get a tag. This is a form any police officer can fill out to verify the vin. I have several older MV's that do not have the standard 17 digit vins. The T-22-B satisfied both DMV and my insurance company.
didn't see where there would be a # anywhere on the frame and theres very few if more that 1 coat of paint. where would i get the T-22-B?

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
the only issue I had registering my truck is that you have to have insurance to get a registration (in GA) and most insurance companies have no idea what to do with a deuce until they see its registration (or title) since I had not title it became a catch 22.
Gulfway insurance of florida was very helpful getting me over this little hurdle.
i got insurance on it that was no problem a whole $22.60 a month with statefarm.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Nice truck. It has dual resorvoir brakes, doesn't it?

We expect you to come to the Ga Rally in October, obviously (see link in my signature line for more info).

poppop

didn't see where there would be a # anywhere on the frame and theres very few if more that 1 coat of paint. where would i get the T-22-B?
The number is stamped in the rail behind the steering box. They are very hard to read because of the paint. Look real close and you may can see some indication of where it is. I used my torch to burn the paint off where it was suppossed to be and then could read it easily. Spray a little paint back over it and good as new. This number is the orgunal number from when the truck was built. Sometimes when the truck was rebuilt and dash tags replaced the tag number did not match.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks