• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce owner in Tennessee

Donald Poppell

Hey there folks.
Just bought a Deuce this weekend up in North East Kentucky. Thanks Levi. Thanks to Dave for helping me get started
Took me 5 1/2 hours to get it home. No problems. Stronger truck. Great steering. Holds the road just fine.

The wife has been Great. Followed me home in Suburban around 55-60 MPH the whole way. Even let me drive her around the neighborhood yesterday. She still won't let me keep the Deuce as a yard ornament yet.

Guess I'm heading to the GA Rally now. Woo Hoo

Here's some specs.

1970 Kaiser Jeep.
Decal inside says Tacom approved master cylinder and hydravac. Dual Circuit?
Hardtop
Springer Seat
Pioneer Rack - Need tools
New Cargo Cover. I need to fix one BOW
Engine ? No clue. Data plate has the paint stripped off with one # stamped on it. 4500018

Thanks to the Steel Soldier site for its Members and the vast knowledge base it holds here.

Oh Yea. Thanks for helping with the Addiction.:beer:

Attachments

treessw

Nice Find, looks good!!!! I am digging it. Welcome to the addiction!!! Be ready cause there is no cure as I have been warned about it, and now believeaua. its going to be the 1D turbo I believe. SHARP SHARP SHARP!! Gonna be near your neck of the woods this coming weekend, may have to swing by and see this baby first hand.[thumbzup]

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site and to the deuce club-you won't regret it. They are the best trucks ever. We love (all of) ours.

The Ga Rally is a great event-we always have a lot of fun. Are you bringing the deuce?

Dual circuit-no, just the newer style components.

ryker725

Like the camo pattern.. Congrats!! Mine is 2 weeks old (to me at least.. actually 44 years old) and it gets more awesome everytime I look at it..

Donald Poppell

Thanks everyone. Definitely taken the Deuce to the GA rally. Was hoping the brake stickers meant dual circuit. Wishfull thinking. Gotta figure out how to trace a more defined maintenance history on this truck. Need details on this engine. Carnac ran the vin #s for me. Gives me a starting point.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow...

... what a nice looking deuce and a heater for our Tennessee chilly mornings to boot...

Congrats.

Can't wait to get my first deuce!

;-)

asgtoolman

Great looking truck; did you buy from a SS member? According to your first post, you must have had "the pedal to the metal" for your recovery trip.

Donald Poppell

Thanks again folks for the comments. I did run a little heavy footed on the way home. I hit 2700 rpms coming down some hills but mostly 2600 for the trip.
I found the truck through Crgs-list but it turns out he is a member.
I know that the engine is multi-fuel and a D turbo. Just don't know any other specifics. Hercules, White or Continental.

Thanks again everyone and I appreciate all comments.

Don

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats that is one fine looking Deuce you are going to like it very much BUT I will also say and please dont take this the wrong way but 60 MPH is TO FAST YOUR RPMs are definately in the danger zone at just about anything over 55 mph (and to me 55 is pushing it) Great luck you have a really nice truck to have a lot of fun with!
KK

Donald Poppell

Karl,
I don't take it wrong at all. I truly appreciate advise and warnings from the experienced people here. The last thingI want to do is damage this fine machine I have been Blessed with. Main reason for pushing it was to get the wife home. She looked at the back of the green machine for 245 miles and I was feeling bad for her. She's been really patient with me on this whole process. Reluctant, but patient. I know slow is the way to go.

Thanks all.

JCKnife

Welcome--nice truck! Personally I consider 45-48 to be "top speed" and keep the revs under 2,200. I keep reading how these engines were designed for farm tractors and I like my rotating gear to stay inside the block. Let the missus stop at every outlet mall then drive 70 until she catches up to you! [thumbzup]

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
C o n g r a t z ! ! !

Don,
Looks like your've gotten yourself a good truck there.
245 mile maiden voyage is a good shake out cruise. [thumbzup]

Just one bit of advice from the West Texas Detachment of the SS....

Remember that MVs are like LAYS Potato Chips... "Bet you can't eat (own) just ONE :!:"

Donald Poppell

Don,
Looks like your've gotten yourself a good truck there.
245 mile maiden voyage is a good shake out cruise. [thumbzup]

Just one bit of advice from the West Texas Detachment of the SS....

Remember that MVs are like LAYS Potato Chips... "Bet you can't eat (own) just ONE :!:"

Thanks. I am really happy with the purchase. I've got several things to do since it's not a new truck but am so looking forward to it all.

The first half hour of the trip I was thinking to my self, (actually had to holler cause I couldn't hear myself think) what did I get myself into? It had been over 20 years since I was behind the wheel of a large truck. It all started to come back and soon followed a huge smile. (Symptoms of the disease I presume?).

I Love Lays and these trucks now. Gotta let this one settle in with the wife before getting another one. I am waiting for EUC to clear for a M101A2.

It has already started.

I did sell back 5 weeks vacation to get this truck and it was well worth it.
Gotta remember where I planted the $$ tree.

hwcurtice

Thanks. I am really happy with the purchase. I've got several things to do since it's not a new truck but am so looking forward to it all.

The first half hour of the trip I was thinking to my self, (actually had to holler cause I couldn't hear myself think) what did I get myself into? It had been over 20 years since I was behind the wheel of a large truck. It all started to come back and soon followed a huge smile. (Symptoms of the disease I presume?).

I Love Lays and these trucks now. Gotta let this one settle in with the wife before getting another one. I am waiting for EUC to clear for a M101A2.

It has already started.

I did sell back 5 weeks vacation to get this truck and it was well worth it.
Gotta remember where I planted the $$ tree.
When you find that $$ Tree, could I get a cutting for replanting? rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks