• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Owner Needing Advice On Going BIG

deuce_09

thedeuce,nice truck dude!
1:what size tires are you running?
2:how much lift do you have?
3:are those custom springs or just 1ton springs from a PU?
4:what size stack and is it strait piped?
5:did you use the muti fuel when you did the lift and bigger tires

TheDeuce

Thanks,the tires are 18.4-26(55"),the lift is a 23" 1 ton Pickup coil spring. The tip on the stack is 5" and strait piped,yes I ran the multi fuel for almost a year with it lifted and big tires it did fine but I wanted more tire speed so I did the repower with the 5.9 cummins and automatic trans.

deuce_09

fast foward to 3:20 in the vid..[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4PmotYmixE[/media]
i might go that route and use the old multi fuel for a bit till i get the 5.9.
when did you switch t-case?befor or after the 5.9?

TheDeuce

I ran the original t-case until i went to the 5.9. then i changed it to the scs. here is a link to when i had the multi fuel in it. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP6GRmC-De4&feature=channel[/media]

TheDeuce

deuce_09, i assume that you are talking about the first set up with the multi fuel,yes I ran first and second but mostly first because second didnt have enough gear to pull it in the thicker mud. Yes even tho I dont want to admit it I have had my share of being stuck and as for the pump no its stock I was going to open the pump up but i figured i would do the cummins repower and leave it alone so if somebody wanted to buy a replacement engine it every thing would be stock

deuce_09

ive heard that you can get a stock deuce and turn the pump to where it will burn out.
its probably trashing the motor though.i wonder how much faster it would spin the tires if you would have turned yours up?if i buy another deuce,ill have a spare engine from this donor deuce i got so ill probably turn one of them waaayyyy up(the one with more mi. on it) test the limits:mrgreen:

Last edited:

deuce_09

do you think swaping the multi fuel for a 12v cummins would give a deuce enough power to turn 6-1600 r20's?im all for bobbed deuces but i love the badassness of "hotroddeuce's" deuce and a half.

TheDeuce

well it all depends on what you mean by turn.im running a stock 89' 12v with 160 hp and around 210 ft. lbs. and it has no problem pulling all four wheels,but if thats not enough power then you have all kinds of aftermarket performance parts such as fuel pins and rev/gov spring thats are fairly priced for the reliable power they give you.

Mfarms

My friend and my brother both have 1996 dodges with 12v cummins in them set up for tractor pulls my brother's is still street and puts out around 450 HP and 980 Ft LBS to the rear wheels and my friends and way turned up at 1000 HP and 1800 Ft LBS. it dose not take too much to get power out of a 5.9 12v just a little money and not being woried to hit that skinny pedal!!! [thumbzup]

Farmun

The feature that just jumps right out at me, is the brake setup. How well does that work? See them often on rock-crawlers with the Rockwell axles. Just thinking if it could be applicable to non-bobbed deuces (3 axles) and eliminate the single circuit drum brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks